JetBlue guys, please fix jump seat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

thor2j

Well, was just on hold to try and list for 45 minutes. Agent started taking my info, which supposedly was on file which it wasn't, only to be told that the system was having some issues and to try back in an hour. I told her that it takes 40 minutes to get through and she said yeah I know, sorry. WTF is going on with the new computer system. Are they staffing it this way or is there something else. JB is the best to us once we get there, but they are making it nearly impossible. It is as if they are discouraging us from trying to JS. Will call my JS coordinator tomorrow to see what they say.

Time to find another way to work?

Well, was just on hold to try and list for 45 minutes. Agent started taking my info, which supposedly was on file which it wasn't, only to be told that the system was having some issues and to try back in an hour. I told her that it takes 40 minutes to get through and she said yeah I know, sorry. WTF is going on with the new computer system. Are they staffing it this way or is there something else. JB is the best to us once we get there, but they are making it nearly impossible. It is as if they are discouraging us from trying to JS. Will call my JS coordinator tomorrow to see what they say.

You still have the ability to list at the gate or help desk up to 10 minutes prior to departure. That's what we were told. Be firm if you have...especially JFK. You can always ask to talk to the Captain, I'm not leaving without you.

Yeah, what B6 said, if we know about you, we aren't leaving without you!

If that means taking a delay, so be it!

Last edited:
It's always better to make the phone call to list......if you have time. If you don't have time the official policy is you can list at the gate up to 10 minutes prior to departure. If you have a problem with a gate agent grab any JetBlue pilot you can find and we'll help you out.

What they said...we won't leave you behind.

Make sure you contact us via the OAL jumpseat number...888-538-2997.

I'm even having trouble going as an employee. Can't check in online, can't check in at the kiosk, can't check in at the gate for a DH. I think most guys/gals are aware of the issues. I, like the others are going up to the gate 10 prior to make sure no one is left behind.

You still have the ability to list at the gate or help desk up to 10 minutes prior to departure. That's what we were told. Be firm if you have...especially JFK. You can always ask to talk to the Captain, I'm not leaving without you.

Actually just did it 20 ago minutes and the manager or whatever, said we need to call I told him 2 hours is what I waited he said we'll do it this time. I was patient in the beginning but this is crap we have to plead to get on while you get to simply walk up to our counters and be greeted by Deltas friendliest gate agents here in JFK ;)!

Everybody knows about the hold times, we've been told pretty constantly that it's being improved, but who really knows. My advice, don't even bother calling. Our gate agents have had it re-emphasized very recently that they are required to list and accomodate you up to 10 prior. If you get any guff please contact your J/S coordinator, with date flight and station. Our J/S guys are following up with station management but can only do so when a problem is reported to them!

Latest resources

Back