• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue goes to....Cancun?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two U.S. airlines already serve NYC-CUN -- American from JFK, and Continental from EWR.

So, the DOT still must pick between Delta and JetBlue to be the newly permitted third airline.

EWR is in ...........

New Jersey.

Therefore....it probably isn't considered, technically, a New York airport. Although we all know that it is one of three large airports in the NYC metropolitan area. Just food for thought.

J32driver said:
Who applied 1st?

This will come down to political clout... something that JetBlue has plenty of!

DL applied first...but only by a few days.

However, I expect that B6 will win the rights. The DOT tends to favor new entrants (DL already serves CUN via ATL/CVG/SLC) and carriers that will reduce fares. Using those criterion, B6 wins easily.

MedFlyer said:

However, I expect that B6 will win the rights. The DOT tends to favor new entrants (DL already serves CUN via ATL/CVG/SLC) and carriers that will reduce fares. Using those criterion, B6 wins easily.

Here we have a large part of the problem. The government favors upstart carriers who provide a minimum income and virtually no retirement to their employees over carriers who have paid millions of dollars in taxes over decades to build the aviation infrastructure we have now.

MedFlyer said:

Thanks Senator Clinton......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back