• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Gear Problem In LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great job Jet Blue crew!!!! To all my brother and sister pilots, no matter who you work for, thanks for doing it right day in and day out. My prayers and thoughts go out to each and every one of ya"ll during these tough times.

YOU ARE YOUR BROTHERS KEEPER!!!!

miles otoole said:
Passenger said they had to turn off the TVs 4-5 mins prior to landing. If I were a non-aviation pax, I am not sure how I would have felt about this. This will be forgotten in 3 days. BTW, gimmee 25% of your pay.

If you think about it, it makes sense safety-wise. The passengers need to focus on the Flight Attendants' commands and not make the decision to pop an overwing exit based on news crews' hyperbole and sensationalism. A "non-aviation pax" seeing the sparks on the TV's might be inclined to open the emergency exit in spite of the crew's commands. Thus - zero injuries versus panic and broken ankles.

Reasonable decision in my mind.

I guess those 139 pax on board still think pilots are overpaid prima donnas like the rest of the country...right? Great job JB guys!!!!

Looks like the boys did everything right. Great job!

Also, congratulations to all those who frequent this forum for not bringing up the "cleaning" thing in some way, shape or form.

HEY SKIPPER, They named an airplane after you, CANYON BLUE!!! DC10 turn ons------>to the good old days!!!

I guess they need to change the Airbus simulator paramaters because on a takeoff abort below 70kts, the nosewheel sometimes collapses.

Cya

The same thing happened to an A-319 about 3 years ago. The end result was the same, minus the TV coverage. Interestingly, the problem was the result of improper maintenance by a contract facility.

Latest resources

Back