• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Feb. Interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats and good luck to all the guys getting interviews. A class of 24 started yesterday and I believe classes of 24 every two weeks through April is the current plan.

?????

It was tough to PTO stuff over the holidays, but I think we are one of the only airlines to even have PTO. After next week, you could PTO your entire schedule if you wanted. Not very tough to get 18 days off around here so I'm not quite sure what your point of that comment was. It has been tough the last few weeks to get time off without calling in sick, but that was just due to poor coverage over the holidays.

Hey Truck ,
I think the post (Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
Horrible days for people in that airline to get time off without calling in sick)

was making reference to getting time off from "his" job for a jet blue interview.
Of course the phone hasn't been ringing here, and I'm the dork who already swapped trips so I have no carry over into the month of FEB. That will teach me to think so positively, I prob. jinxed myself :)
Capt. Z

Hey Truck ,
I think the post (Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
Horrible days for people in that airline to get time off without calling in sick)

was making reference to getting time off from "his" job for a jet blue interview.
Of course the phone hasn't been ringing here, and I'm the dork who already swapped trips so I have no carry over into the month of FEB. That will teach me to think so positively, I prob. jinxed myself :)
Capt. Z

just saw this in my inbox and thought it was relevant......

IT'S ALL ABOUT TIMING RIGHT?

>>>> She was in the kitchen preparing to boil eggs for breakfast.
>>>

>>> He walked in. She turned and said, "You've got to make love to me -- this very moment."
>>

>>> His eyes lit up and he thought, "This is my lucky day."
>>

>>> Not wanting to lose the moment, he embraced her and then gave it his all, right there on the kitchen table.
>>

>>> Afterwards she said, "Thanks," and returned to the stove.
>>

>>> More than a little puzzled , he asked, "What was that all about?"
>>

>>> She explained, "The egg timer's broken."
>>>
>>>

CatZaahlie,

Just got the call today for a Feb 2 slot. Good luck, hope to see you there. It was good talking to you on the AirTran flight after the open house.

CatZaahlie,

Just got the call today for a Feb 2 slot. Good luck, hope to see you there. It was good talking to you on the AirTran flight after the open house.

HEY THATS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was nice meeting the graphic artist as well..........
Happy New Year to you.

(hope it's blue for both of us in a good way of course.)

Take care,
Capt.Z

Jet Blue is not a Major Airline

This is from the US DOT's website.

airlineclassificationtitle.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Airlines are classified in several different ways, however, the U.S. Department of Transportation, the primary government entity that oversees national transportation policy defines airlines based strictly on annual revenues as follows:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Major Airline:
A major airline is one that generates over $1 billion in annual operating revenues. This list currently includes Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, American Eagle, ATA Holdings, America West, Continental Air Lines, Delta Air Lines, DHL Airways, FedEx, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United, United Parcel Service (UPS), and US Airways.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]National Airline:
A national airline is one that generates between $100 million and $1 billion in annual operating revenues. The national airlines tend to serve particular regions of the country; however, some do fly long-haul flights. Some examples are: AirTran, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, and Midwest Express.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regional Airline:
A regional airline is one that generates under $100 million in revenues and generally serves small communities. The Regional Airline Association defines regional airlines as "...operat(ing) short and medium haul scheduled airline service connecting smaller communities with larger cities and connecting hubs. The airlines' fleet primarily consists of 19 to 68 seat turboprops and 30 to 100 seat regional jets." Some examples are: American Eagle Airlines, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Atlantic Coast Airlines, and SkyWest Airlines.
[/FONT]​

Oh boy, but American Eagle is. What's your point? Should all of the posts about Eagle be moved over here since they are a "major"?

This is from the US DOT's website.

airlineclassificationtitle.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Airlines are classified in several different ways, however, the U.S. Department of Transportation, the primary government entity that oversees national transportation policy defines airlines based strictly on annual revenues as follows:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Major Airline:
A major airline is one that generates over $1 billion in annual operating revenues. This list currently includes Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, American Eagle, ATA Holdings, America West, Continental Air Lines, Delta Air Lines, DHL Airways, FedEx, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United, United Parcel Service (UPS), and US Airways.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]National Airline:
A national airline is one that generates between $100 million and $1 billion in annual operating revenues. The national airlines tend to serve particular regions of the country; however, some do fly long-haul flights. Some examples are: AirTran, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, and Midwest Express.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regional Airline:
A regional airline is one that generates under $100 million in revenues and generally serves small communities. The Regional Airline Association defines regional airlines as "...operat(ing) short and medium haul scheduled airline service connecting smaller communities with larger cities and connecting hubs. The airlines' fleet primarily consists of 19 to 68 seat turboprops and 30 to 100 seat regional jets." Some examples are: American Eagle Airlines, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Atlantic Coast Airlines, and SkyWest Airlines.
[/FONT]​

I should'nt not even honor you with a response other than give you way too much respect by quoting your post......... but here goes...........
click here:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=s1fOl-_hgwc

And note frame #12 .............
I don't even have to ask why you harbor negativity do I?

PS: Very few of us care about your pointless point.
Are you a frustrated moderator today?
Hope you feel better.......

My point is simple..Jet Blue is not a major

JetBlue posted operating revenues of 1.2 Billion in 2004 and 1.7 Billion in 2005. 2006 will be over 2 Billion. By the definition in your link to the DOT site, JetBlue is a major airline. American Eagle, ExpressJet, and SkyWest are also now classified as Major airlines based upon that DOT definition. That link is a little outdated buddy. Sorry to prove your point wrong. Here is the link to the JetBlue 2005 annual report with the financial info on operating revenue.

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/13/131/131045/items/211505/05ar.pdf

Latest resources

Back