• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Fancies Itself A "Career" Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But remember, there are about 20k plus people that would give their left nut to be where you are now.

First off, your number is way wrong, unless you want to include 250TT/50Multi pilots. It's no wonder we set up a pipeline for new pilots through UND/ERAU.

Secondly, last time the other majors were hiring, bigblue lost about 10% of the pilot group, they either chose recall or decided to be new hires elsewhere, even considering the odds. Rather telling.

If hired today at bigblue, based on retirements and projected fleet growth, it would take 15 years to make bottom reserve holding 190 CA. All while enjoying sub average comp/benefits, which are about to get even worse if the company has their way. Without a union, they will most certainly get their way!

Sadly, bigblue has, in my view, become a stepping stone airline, except for the very, very senior, but not surprisingly, I know a few of those looking to leave as well.

Go take a look at the seniority calculator, it finally exist, and then tell me, that we don't, at the very least, need to get at least average or conversely that anyone below the 50th percentile, shouldn't hurry up and leave.

Last edited:
Sadly, bigblue has, in my view, become a stepping stone airline, except for the very, very senior, but not surprisingly, I know a few of those looking to leave as well.

Go take a look at the seniority calculator, it finally exist, and then tell me, that we don't, at the very least, need to get at least average or conversely that anyone below the 50th percentile, shouldn't hurry up and leave.
yea just like the guys who bailed from SWA and FedEx for the dream jobs at DAL, AAL, etc. in 1999/2001. Or the guy in my reserve unit who left FedEx as a DA-20 F/O for the dream job at Braniff in 1978

Yip,

While these movements did happen, a friend of mine did it, I can't think of anyone from the other majors who have jumped ship to join JetBlue. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of those that came here from the majors, came because they were furloughed and were looking for any port in the storm. Not by choice by a long shot.

No, what it means is that it makes you, (and all of us) look like entitled, greedy, pathetic whiners when you are in the top 10% of wage earners in the richest nation in the world and you are pissing and moaning like you are a starving African kid eating a small bowl of rice once a day with flies on his eyeballs.

It disengenuous.

There is nothing that says we can't vote in a union and fight for improvements, but if you cant live a very comfortable life on $100k plus a year, you have a serious problem and need to learn to manage your money better. Stop the bitching and vote in the union. Let things get better from there. But remember, there are about 20k plus people that would give their left nut to be where you are now.
Nowhere in my posts have I bitched about my earnings here, so you're barking up the wrong tree there bud. And in my normal, non JB life I actually do something about the starving African orphans you reference. They have not one damned thing to do with my professional worth as a major airline pilot.

I also wasn't handed a damn thing on my way to this job. I earned every step of it, with the exception I'll acknowledge I was blessed to be born in the US. Your argument about the alleged 20k people that want my position is a complete non-sequitur.

wrong button

Last edited:
Yip,

While these movements did happen, a friend of mine did it, I can't think of anyone from the other majors who have jumped ship to join JetBlue. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of those that came here from the majors, came because they were furloughed and were looking for any port in the storm. Not by choice by a long shot.
I was looking at the movements as shots in the dark, leaving JB may or may not be a good move. The guys who left SWA in 2000 thought is was a good move to AAL. In hind sight they may have second thoughts. In my humble opinion, I think part of JB problems, much like SWA after 2001, is they got warped up in hiring theperfect guys, you know astronaut candidates. When they may have been better off hiring guys from KYIP without college degrees who would have thought they had died and gone to heaven.

Your argument about the alleged 20k people that want my position is a complete non-sequitur.
you are right it is only about 2000

Yip,

I didn't know you applied? All teasing aside, you are partly correct, inasmuch, that if a person came from a non sched,the commuters or perhaps a part 135 operator, then yes, at least for a while, then they would be thrilled. However, much like you, all people have a belief, that when they finally reach "the big show", that things will be pretty cool.

In some cases, they are, but in some cases, that "show" needs more Tigers, Lions and Elephants. Bigblue needs more of all three.

No, what it means is that it makes you, (and all of us) look like entitled, greedy, pathetic whiners when you are in the top 10% of wage earners in the richest nation in the world and you are pissing and moaning like you are a starving African kid eating a small bowl of rice once a day with flies on his eyeballs.

It disengenuous.

There is nothing that says we can't vote in a union and fight for improvements, but if you cant live a very comfortable life on $100k plus a year, you have a serious problem and need to learn to manage your money better. Stop the bitching and vote in the union. Let things get better from there. But remember, there are about 20k plus people that would give their left nut to be where you are now.

No doubt, go show your paycheck to the average working person and see if they feel bad for you. If you are unhappy because there are people who have more than you do you will always be unhappy because somebody will always have more. You have it pretty darn good, if you want to try to make improvements that's fine but don't make it sound like you have so little. If you were tossed out onto the street tomorrow I'll bet your former JB job would look pretty good. I'm sorry that your company didn't keep every "promise" they made to you. Welcome to reality.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back