• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue emergency landing (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetBlue with nosegear problems? Currently circling, burning down fuel....

Anyone heard anything about this? My wife told me about it via a phone call from her mother. Third hand news, so it may not be real accurate....

new route:
JBU292 BUR A2231 BUR E0015 BUR./.EHF125071..BUR 6727

old route:
JBU292 BUR A2231 JFK E0255 BUR.VNY7.DAG.J100.BCE..EKR..BFF.J94.PMM.J70.
LVZ.LENDY5.JFK/0438 6727

so it's cocked, but can they retract it? i just heard abou this and am waiting for the commercials. do the main gear come down? i did see the picture of the nose gear, looks pretty nasty. looks like a dicey situation. good luck, JB.

145 pax, getting ready to make an emergency landing at LAX, apparently. news said that they cannot dump fuel, as was mentioned earlier, so they are trying to burn some fuel off. is this true? i though all large a/c like that could jettison fuel.

Flywithmike said:
According to FOX news, Airbus aircraft cannot dump fuel. :rolleyes:

Shepard Smith (Fox news) speculated that this was the case, and later implied that this was confirmed. I can't hardly believe that a plane the size of an airbus can't dump fuel.

cjs said:
Shepard Smith (Fox news) speculated that this was the case, and later implied that this was confirmed. I can't hardly believe that a plane the size of an airbus can't dump fuel.

WHY??

Lots of a/c cant dump fuel.....MD80? Global Express? 757?....

you fly it around and get the fuel where you want - or just land it heavy.

WHATS the big deal with the fuel dump folks? :confused:.

These guys will ace this.....hold this nose off until about 40kts, shear off some parts, everyone will evacuate just fine...and they will be heroes!

Last edited:
Confirmed by the geeks on airliners.net:
[font=ARIAL,][font=ARIAL,]"Narrow bodies like the 737, 757, MD-80 and A320 do not have the ability to dump fuel."[/font][/font]

Latest resources

Back