Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Found this on the "other" US aviation board. Cannot verify veracity!

Jetblue just released their 190 payrates.

First year capt $70.71 for first 70 hours/ $106.57 over 70
2nd year $72.32
First year F/O $37.10 for the first 70 /
2nd year $39.95

THIS HAS GOT TO BE FLAME BAIT. Will someone wearing blue please correct this apparent error....i hope....

If true... I think ComAir FO's, at least, make more in the 70's than JB will make in the 90's.

Surely this is not the case....?

Our CR7 rates at ASA are higher than that for both FO's and Captains. These numbers can't be right.

Dizel8 said:
Found this on the "other" US aviation board. Cannot verify veracity!

Jetblue just released their 190 payrates.

First year capt $70.71 for first 70 hours/ $106.57 over 70
2nd year $72.32
First year F/O $37.10 for the first 70 /
2nd year $39.95
Let's see the MAA guys & gals are getting $58 for the 170. Skywest is getting $58 for anything up to 99 seats. I think Republic is in the same area up to 100 seats. Did B6 really have a choice? These rates refect the "going rate" based on todays market.

What will be interesting is how DL, AMR, and SWA will handle this? Arpy and Greenjeans have been waiting to see what B6 will do, and now they will be able to sit down with the pilot groups and see who will fly the 190. My guess is the rates for both DL and AMR will be about 10% higher than B6. I believe the plane will be flown by mainline in both cases. They don't have a choice in the matter, they will have to buy the plane and fly it cheaply.

Now this will really put pressure on WN. The 190 will absolutely destroy WN when B6 begins to match up on routes in probably 2007. This plane will be used against WN out west between OAK and LAS at first, and they will spider web the routes out of LAS as they grow. These routes will also put tremendous pressure on AWA's bid to survive.

It's gonna be a great future for Embraer. ;) :)

That is some faulty logic. And no, Rupublic does not have those rates for 100 seats. Are you in some way suggesting that these rates are acceptable for a company like B6? Comparing Mid to B6 is not even on the same radar scope.
On top of that, if DAL, etc were waiting to see B6's rates on the 190, and will tailor the rates to somewhat match them.......we have just dooped ourselves for a very long time.
Well, I guess with the boys in blue volunteering their time in the 190, JBLU should stay in business for quite a while.

Our CR7 rates at ASA are higher than that for both FO's and Captains. These numbers can't be right.

Semper Fi,

Sleepy
I agree, if true, the 190 rates should be higher. But ASA CR7 pay is not higher.

Lowecur,

How will the 190 "absolutely destroy" SWA on routes where they match up? The 190's hourly operating costs will approximate those of the 737-700 with fewer available seats. Yes, their labor costs will be less...for now...but that's already the case with the AB-320's. Please explain your logic.

Cheers

Cheesemo said:
Lowecur,

How will the 190 "absolutely destroy" SWA on routes where they match up? The 190's hourly operating costs will approximate those of the 737-700 with fewer available seats. Yes, their labor costs will be less...for now...but that's already the case with the AB-320's. Please explain your logic.

Cheers
Cheesemo, where did you get the info on the comparison between the 737-700 and the 190? I know of no place that a comparison exists between the two, except where the 736 is compared with the 190 at the Embraer site "The rule of 70-110." They use I believe a 500mi model, where the 175 is the zero starting point. The 190 costs about 21% more than the 175 per trip, and the 736 costs about 35% more. I would assume the 737 with it's larger airframe would cost more.

Jetblue had estimated a CASM cost of about a penny more than their 320's, once the route structure was completed. With fuel costs rising and payroll costs falling since this model was completed, the 190 should be much more economical than the 737 on a comparitive basis.

The 190 is a low cost a/c, built for either short or medium long haul routes. With this pay structure, they will totally change the dynamics of how to run a low cost airline. Yes, WN will fall in line eventually. Look for the order.;) :D

They are correct

Those numbers are correct according to Addendum A-2 of the new Employment Agreement. Looks like the AB rates have not changed, although the pay scale now goes to year 12 (138.62 <=70 hours, 207.93 OT).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back