Jetblue domicile breakdowns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flydaplane

Hey Jblue guys how hard is it to get domiciled in a sunny location? I heard there was no movement in LGB, what's going on in FLL? How long on reserve in each? Where do newhires go? How many more A-320's are you going to get?

slow movement in LGB, reserve ??? a year ? not sure. In FLL, hard to say as well, A friend held it within a month after training and said he sat 4-5 months reserve. Keep in mind that was this year, 2007? who knows

Well I have 8 months with the JB and i'm still waiting for FLL, BTW still not a line holder in JFK either.

Sunny domiciles

Hey Jblue guys how hard is it to get domiciled in a sunny location? I heard there was no movement in LGB, what's going on in FLL? How long on reserve in each? Where do newhires go? How many more A-320's are you going to get?

LGB, fairly senior. If not hired yet, you will never see it as 320 Captain. Ever.
For FO, you SHOULD be able to hold a reserve line in 4-9 months (ish). A real line, I would guess a year +.

FLL, almost as senior as LGB but not quite. Could luck up and get it outta training, but most likely it'll take you 2-4 (ish) months for reserve, add another 6 (ish) months or more for a line. Right now its longer, but it goes in waves. No 320 upgrade classes for Jan or Feb (that I know of) so that tends to push LGB and FLL farther out for new hires compared to when there are upgrade classes.

Both bases reserves don't fly that much compared to JFK and BOS, and even when you're a lineholder, there's not much in open time to swap for or to add, so consider the $$ impact versus the junior bases.

Also (and you probably already knew this) LGB and FLL are 320 bases only. All 190 positions are for JFK and BOS. Don't count on 190's going to LGB or FLL in the near or mid term future.

Sometimes its real sunny in JFK and BOS though. :)

um, okay

Is that kool-aid starting to get a bad taste?

We have kool-aid issues going on now to be sure, but waiting in seniority order for the base of your choice is hardly a culture related dissapointment to anyone like you seem to be implying. Nice try though. Really.

Domicile Breakdown?

Whatever you do, do NOT breakdown (in your car) near the JFK domicile. Ozone Park is a very INTERESTING place. Run!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I've been here for almost 9 months and I held FLL after 2 months in JFK. I have been on reserve since and have not moved a single spot. It looks like another 6 months to hold a line (maybe).

Whatever you do, do NOT breakdown (in your car) near the JFK domicile. Ozone Park is a very INTERESTING place. Run!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I have a crashpad in Ozone Park and don't think it's all that bad. Sure beats waiting for the Kew Runner or JetBlue shuttle everytime you head back to the pad.

Latest resources

Back