• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue dispatch?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
50K to start, some pretty nice benefits. Interview is a joint interview with HR and Flight Ops rep, brief technical questions and HR related questions.
What experience do you have if I may ask? PM me if you prefer.

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=50000&city1=1640&city2=5380

It ain't no picnic, NY is one of the most expensive places to live in the US.
50k in NY is like 94k in CVG... ( it's 86.5% more expensive to live in Nassau-Suffolk, New York than Cincinnati, Ohio)

IMHO, JBU needs to move the HQ/SOC to a more reasonable place to live, if they want to attract and then retain some talent.

You are right. It is all relative. I used to live and dispatch in Dulles, VA for a lot less than what JB pays. We all strive to make as much as we can with these jobs. I can only wish that everybody would make a fair amount considering the responsibility we all bear along with the pilot when we dispatch.

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=50000&city1=1640&city2=5380

It ain't no picnic, NY is one of the most expensive places to live in the US.
50k in NY is like 94k in CVG... ( it's 86.5% more expensive to live in Nassau-Suffolk, New York than Cincinnati, Ohio)

IMHO, JBU needs to move the HQ/SOC to a more reasonable place to live, if they want to attract and then retain some talent.

I think you meant that to have the same standard of living in new york as you do in CVG you would have to make 50 k in CVG and 94K in NYC

50k/year plus I got 3000 shares of stock options, 5 weeks vacation; however NYC is freaking expensive...I worked as a DXer and ATC Coordinator for a year at BLUE, PM me if you have any other questions.

Rod

I agree; living in NYC ain't no picnic- trying to anything there is a huge pain in the a**, just my 2 cents coming from someone who has done it!!

if you are not from NYC, i suggest you go and hang out for a few days before you make any decisions!!! 50 grand is not as much as you think in NYC

Is the turnover still pretty high @ JBU dispatch? I suggest they move SOC to MCO/RDU/CLT, etc, etc, alas I'm not a decision maker.

Latest resources

Back