• Start date
  • Watchers 12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"If you're gonna be shuttin down all the fans, at least open the DV window, would ya? I need a little air in mah face . . . . . haah! Kiss myself!"

Captain James Brown

Bavarian Chef said:
I have been flying exclusively on the APU and 1 engine to save fuel...

HighSpeed ... you need to stop believing these jb threads!

I know, I know..I sucked myself down that pass. I am curious though, I've flown on JB a few times from JFK to OAK and the flight was 5.47 with no stops. Seems like the Bus shouldn't have a problem with that route. Of course, I don't fly over the US so I don't know how those routes are flight planned. We fly a straight shot over the Pacific.
JB's service is so good that I'd fly you guys even if you were just burning the APU and dead sticking it into OAK. :D

HighSpeedClimb said:
I know, I know..I sucked myself down that pass. I am curious though, I've flown on JB a few times from JFK to OAK and the flight was 5.47 with no stops. Seems like the Bus shouldn't have a problem with that route. Of course, I don't fly over the US so I don't know how those routes are flight planned. We fly a straight shot over the Pacific.
JB's service is so good that I'd fly you guys even if you were just burning the APU and dead sticking it into OAK. :D

Now that's what I'm talkin' about -- Good jb pr from HighSpeed ...

In all honesty, sometimes the winds kick the airbus ass. Most (and I mean 99%) times, the winds don't. Either way, we have an outstanding product. Yeah, we have problems, and yeah, we need to improve pay rates, and yeah, we need to give great service .. oh that's right, we already do that.

Anyway, you know, jb is a good place to work. The risk at this point is certainly great, but so is the reward. It doesn't surprise me that jb (livetv) is gonna be at the forefront of innovating internet access on airline flights. It's what jb does. We innovate.

As for that service you love, the tag line at jb for YEARS has been "bringing humanity back to air travel" -- a lofty, but attainable goal. And considering all of the awards that jb has won in the service area (http://www.jetblue.com/learnmore/awards.html), we must be doing something right!

I try to deflect all jb crap with sarcarsm, so it's good to hear a js-er state the truth about jb -- in the end I don't have to work that hard on a response.

There's way too much negative on this board about jb!

Pitot said:
I would think you will see the new winglet mods on the transcons very soon.

True, this is what they do for an NG

IMPROVED TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE
By allowing a steeper climb, winglets pay off in better takeoff performance, especially from obstacle-limited, high, hot, weight-limited, and/or noise-restricted airports. Performance Improved climb gradients increase 737-800 allowable takeoff weight (TOW).

REDUCED ENGINE MAINTENANCE COSTS

Better climb performance also allows lower thrust settings, thus extending engine life and reducing maintenance costs. Lower Required Thrust Levels Extend On-Wing Life.
Takeoff - Winglets allow up to 3% incremental derate.
Cruise - Cruise thrust levels are reduced by up to 4%.

FUEL SAVINGS
Winglets lower drag and improve aerodynamic efficiency, thus reducing fuel burn. Depending on the missions you fly, blended winglets can improve cruise fuel mileage up to 6 percent, especially important during a time of rising fuel prices.

INCREASED PAYLOAD RANGE
The addition of Aviation Partners Blended Winglets to the 737 Next Generation has demonstrated drag reduction in the 5 to 7% range that measurably increases range and fuel efficiency . In addition, the Blended Winglets allow the 737-NG to take off from higher, hotter airports with increased payload.
SeriesRange (nm) NormalRange (nm) With Winglets-
700 3250 3634

800 2930 3060​

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back