Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that's right

IntheShade said:
I am not trying to start a flame bait here, I just want to know if anyone else heard the same thing I did.

I was told that as a cost cutting measure JetBlue pilots were going to be required to work one day a month in Dispatch as janitors.

Anyone confirm this?

Yes, but only for those who have previous time in janitorial type within the preceeding 24 months or else you'll need to be requaled. All the garbage that's picked up will be happily shoved up your rectum at 3000 PSI.

speaking of JB costcutting....just curious...2 times in the last few months i was coming out of the west coast and 2 JB flights were diverting to Vegas (different days) because they stated they did not have enough fuel to make it to destination( i'm guessing LA)...they only stated their problem after repeated questioning from atc...is JB skimping on your fuel? that would suck!

CaptainMark said:
speaking of JB costcutting....just curious...2 times in the last few months i was coming out of the west coast and 2 JB flights were diverting to Vegas (different days) because they stated they did not have enough fuel to make it to destination( i'm guessing LA)...they only stated their problem after repeated questioning from atc...is JB skimping on your fuel? that would suck!

JetBlue is not skimping on fuel. The A320 is limited on west coast runs if winds are high or our destination requires an alternate. When things work well, you don't hear about it. Pilots are making the correct judgement to divert for fuel. If people don't like, then don't have to fly for 99 bucks with TV's and leather seats. JetBlue usually gives them a $50 voucher on another flight and 80% of the people are ok with that. When we get the A330s, this will no longer be a problem...Actually, I heard the gas prices were cheaper in Vegas vs. New York, so all of JetBlue's westbound aircraft have been getting gas there.

that's cool....we are a supplemental carrier and require alternates every flight so rarely do we get into that...just curious..thanks

Those flights were test runs with the FAA onboard. We are trying to get a waver that allows us to drop the 45 minute reserve. Don't anybody get excited, its for B6 only. I did one of these "Zero Reserve" flights the other day and had the #2 engine flame out while taxiing to the gate in Long Beach, much to the 'attaboys' by the FAA on board who were delighted by the excellent fuel planning of our company. The problem with the two that landed in LAS were bad wind estimates by the Dispatch Janitors.

Last edited:
IB6 UB9 said:
I did one of these "Zero Reserve" flights the other day and had the #2 engine flame out while taxiing to the gate in Long Beach, much to the 'attaboys' by the FAA on board who were delighted by the excellent fuel planning of our company.

That's alright.. I'll fly someone else that takes adequate fuel!

IB6 UB9 said:
Those flights were test runs with the FAA onboard. We are trying to get a waver that allows us to drop the 45 minute reserve. Don't anybody get excited, its for B6 only. I did one of these "Zero Reserve" flights the other day and had the #2 engine flame out while taxiing to the gate in Long Beach, much to the 'attaboys' by the FAA on board who were delighted by the excellent fuel planning of our company. The problem with the two that landed in LAS were bad wind estimates by the Dispatch Janitors.

I hope you had approval to ignore normal SOP of shutting down #2 at TOD. Jet A don't grow on trees. :)

I have been flying exclusively on the APU and 1 engine to save fuel...

HighSpeed ... you need to stop believing these jb threads!

You guys are using way too much gas. Start the APU at TOD and shut them both down. You only need an engine to level off anyway, not to descend. What were you thinking?

BTW, the APU is optional. If your RAT has been ops checked in the last 30 days, it's not necessary. Just make sure to keep the airspeed in the windmill airstart window and you're good to go.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back