jetBlue "Continuous Improvement Process"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel8 said:
Does your friend have a date and flight number?

I find it hard to believe, that these things truly happened and as far as I know, there is nothing in any manual, pamhplet, Xerox,handout or stonetablet that states anything to that effect, however, since I cannot refute these events, due to lack of information, I can only apologize. Personally, I would have informed the F/A, in no uncertain terms, as to the error in his or her treatment of a OAL nonrev.

If any such request is ever received by anyone on here, bring it to my attention, with as much info as possible and I can assure you, that such behaviour will be curtailed swiftly.

Jetblue pilots will treat any OAL nonrev as a member of the family, however, none will ever be expected to do anything wrt. the operation of the flight!
No need to apologize, especially if that is the policy. If it's not, well a jumpseater is technically a crew member..... I just decided it was not worth being a crew member that day. I'll ask the other guy if he remembers the flight details when I see him but it it will be a while. He flies the 1900 for Scenic and his schedule does not match up with the Otter guys very well. I see him only every couple of weeks in passing.

Just so you can be sure, I have no bone to pick with Jet Blue. They do not compete with either Hawaiian or Scenic. I have never applied there because I am happy with Hawaiian and will not leave except for SWA or Fedex (and even than it would be a very hard decision - but they haven't called). I have flown on Jet Blue twice as a paying pax and was impressed with the cleanliness of the plane, friendliness of the employees and the service. If you do a search, I do not think you will find me bashing your airline at all. I don't even care if you guys clean the planes after the flight - I would do it too if I worked there and it's between you and your company.

I'm not even sure why I brought this up. It wasn't intended to be malicious but I guess it sure seems that way in retrospect. It was a spur of the moment post that seems to have taken on a life of it's own......I thought I was just telling a passing story but I seem to have unintentionally hit a nerve. I understand your taking it as malicious though, it's kind of like me endlessly defending Scenic in those other threads.....

Last edited:
Frankly, if I'm getting a free ride, I'd put on a tutu and do a little ballet down the aisle if that's what it took to get home or wherever it is I may be going. As much as the AA flight attendants might enjoy that, I still think that asking a J/S'er to do their job for them is a bit tacky. I'm sorry, I just can't resist tossing a rib in the J/B direction here and there as that ribcage seems so gosh-darned sensitive. I've never asked for a ride on JB, but rest assured, if I do, I'll come bearing gifts (and blue gloves).

When did B6 do LAS to IAD?

Have fun with the tread I enjoy reading it, you spin a good yarn ....

Last edited:
Hugh Jorgan said:
Frankly, if I'm getting a free ride, I'd put on a tutu and do a little ballet down the aisle . . . <snip>. . .
Thanks, Hugh, I didn't need that picture in my head!!!
I'm sure they will be expecting the Jumpseater to do some RFO duties when they start their 9+ hour transcon turns!!!

Actually guys, I am not upset at these post, I am simply amazed that anyone at jetblue would require and expect an OAL non rev to assist. It certainly is not company policy.

I guess it is that 5 percent thing again:(

Frankly, if I'm getting a free ride, I'd put on a tutu and do a little ballet down the aisle if that's what it took to get home

Hugh, I think I will send you my schedule each month, in the hopes that you can make it on one of my flights -- your routine would be better than any stand up shtick I could do for the passengers!

Unfortunately, there's always going to be a bad apple in every bunch who in turn makes the rest of us look bad. Jim (Hawaiian), I've never seen anything like that in JetBlue's jumpseat procedures, and have never asked nor have I ever seen that happen on any one of my flights. I'm sorry you had to deal with that situation, and hopefully it will never happen again. Fly safe!

We have never served LAS-IAD.... (direct)

There is no jumpseat form.

There is no policy like this in place.

Been here 3 years and have never, ever heard of anything like this. Makes you wonder where these "stories" originate from.

Latest resources

Back