• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue circus revisited- 1st stuck in the lav, now the cargo hold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't be surprised if he files some sort of lawsuit... gets promoted and the cockpit crew screwed.

"All exterior doors closed and locked, all crewmembers accounted for" will be the new required verbage...:nuts:

I don't know what the big deal is...it has happened at Northwest and Spirit and will undoubtedly happen again. Zantop too, but the guy woke up and starting kicking the floor and the crew heard/felt it and came back.

The MO is always the same...ramper guy gets done loading and lays down in the bin waiting for last minute bags...wakes up in flight...

The NW guy stated he was 'trapped' behind bags to try and save his job.

The craziest thing is each time it has been short flights where heat has not been necessarily an issue.

Lucky dudes...

A few years ago in JFK we were just about to close the main cabin door for PVD (aft cargo already closed, bag and pax count in hand paperwork out the door)...when the gate agent ran back with a late pax, who had a gate check bag...so the rampers opened the aft cargo to toss the bag in and wouldn't ya know it...a ramper sleaping like a baby, so they pulled him out and off we went.

I fell asleep in the belly of the Bae146 a couple of times. If I was working the pit during a quick turn I would just wait in the pit between unloading the inbound bags and loading the outbound bags. If I was tired and the bags didn't come right away I would doze off for a couple of minutes until they showed up. If the other guy was getting the carts there really wasn't anything else for me to do. The short nap was sort of a privilege earned by taking the more labor intensive position in the pit.

OK, guys, it's my leg, max power, standard calls and procedures ... climbing to FL 340 and at no point do I want to wake up and find the rest of you yahoos asleep!

So with all these belly entrapment occurrences, should aircraft manufacturers begin installing glow-in-the-dark emergency release handles like the one in my car's trunk?:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back