• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Charges $7 for Pillow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
agreed. But I already got my ticket. I don't think I should be allowed to change it for free and I should definitely have to pay any difference in airfare, but a 100 buck penalty? That's more than it costs for most of jetBlue's NY-FL one way fares. I'd rather see you charge more for the initial fare than stick it to me if I need to reschedule.

That's just the consumer talking though. I am sure the bean counters bounced it off their MBA's and decided this was the best way to go about it.

I have a great website for you:

http://www.jetblue.com/help/contactus/help_contact_problems.aspx

I know we all care about our customers, so instead of complaining on here to a bunch of pilots that have absolutely no control over the situation. How about you complain to somebody who can actually make a difference?

This isn't about me, it's about your companies stupid blanket and pillow BS. But, whatever pops your bobber.

I sympathize, you folks gotta make money and i don't know how that can be done while competing on fares and routes.

Personally, I don't think I will be buying a blanket any time soon.

No, it could be worse. Tell us about how your great company rapes the rich with their ultra high management fees and hourly rates. Who's got the better value. Hum what the hell would a pillow and blanket cost on your Citation like $5000.00 an hour. Sure as hell would be alot higher than $7.

You can admit it or not, you hold a grudge against JetBlue. Otherwise you would not be over here spouting off at the mouth. I was hired over at Netjets in 2001 and respectfully declined. Frac flying is not for everybody contrary to what you believe. Do you see me running my mouth on the frac board NO.

Don't buy the pillow. We will survive just fine. Enjoy your commute home on the oversold rj while walking in the rain to your aircraft with no APU. As long as we have our great product and people it will give you something to bitch about.

That's a little more "abrasive" than I was going to be, Johnboy. Having said that, though, a quick search of posts by Captain dad will reveal that he was pretty excited about interviewing and didn't have, as far as I have read, anything negative to say about B6 up until our hiring dept. told him "no thanks". After that, most, if not all, posts about B6 have at least one little "jab" in them. He says he is not holding a grudge and just telling it like it is. I feel differently. I don't think anyone is going to change their minds on this deal. Time to move on, everyone.

That's a little more "abrasive" than I was going to be, Johnboy. Having said that, though, a quick search of posts by Captain dad will reveal that he was pretty excited about interviewing and didn't have, as far as I have read, anything negative to say about B6 up until our hiring dept. told him "no thanks". After that, most, if not all, posts about B6 have at least one little "jab" in them. He says he is not holding a grudge and just telling it like it is. I feel differently. I don't think anyone is going to change their minds on this deal. Time to move on, everyone.

Bitter about not getting hired at JB -- now that's some funny sheet.

The frac guys at NJ have a nice situation and its too bad that captain dad did not get hired here. At the end of his career i am sure he will look back completely happy with the track he took.

While we are debating frac vs jb flying and having been on both sides I will be the first to admit that I loved the dynamic environment of fractional, having my own aircraft, and flying to many different places

BUT>>>>>>>>>

I will take endless filth of JFK, The rude people, lowlife passengers, and 2 leg commute, crash pad etc etc anyday of the week to have the flexibility to bid my monthly schedule.

My QOL far surpasses fractional flyingbar none. To have the ability to ask the wife what days i need off the next month for partys/family events is priceless...

Bids just came out today 19 days off all commutable with the exception of a Puerta Plata and a Santiago day turn, and 80 hours credit. I bid about 35-40% in JFK...

The frac guys at NJ have a nice situation and its too bad that captain dad did not get hired here. At the end of his career i am sure he will look back completely happy with the track he took.

While we are debating frac vs jb flying and having been on both sides I will be the first to admit that I loved the dynamic environment of fractional, having my own aircraft, and flying to many different places

BUT>>>>>>>>>

I will take endless filth of JFK, The rude people, lowlife passengers, and 2 leg commute, crash pad etc etc anyday of the week to have the flexibility to bid my monthly schedule.

My QOL far surpasses fractional flyingbar none. To have the ability to ask the wife what days i need off the next month for partys/family events is priceless...

Bids just came out today 19 days off all commutable with the exception of a Puerta Plata and a Santiago day turn, and 80 hours credit. I bid about 35-40% in JFK...

I just wanted to get back in the thread before a frac guy comes in to say how much better that flying is than the crummy airlines. :D

You guys are so far off base...but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

I treat all pilots the same. Gold tie, blue shirt, and yes even NWA badge.

My comments were not directed at you as pilots. Instead, they were directed at a policy that your management put in place. You respond with personal attacks and character smears. Do you guys treat other pilots like this in person? I didn't start the whole ours is better than yours BS. One of your guys brought that up. Each his own and yes I am sorry I even bothered.

I'm done. Good luck. Fly safe.

Last edited:
I think it comes down to what the passengers are willing to pay, or in this case, unwilling to pay, for a ticket. They want to pay the absolute lowest price!

For the longest time, the number one complaint of passengers was too little legroom, so airlines such as AA, pulled out seats and increased legroom, but lo and behold, most passengers were unwilling to pay a slightly higher price for this, so AA put the seats back in.

jetblue had pillows, blankets, free headsets, free TV, low change fees etc., etc, but even though the passengers appreciated this, they didn't appreciate the slightly higher fare this service cost. Hence, it was a no win situation, particularily in light of the run up in oil.

jetblue, like most other airlines, pulled pillows and blankets of the airplanes a while ago, but realizing, that some passengers might want to buy said, they offer the option of doing so. One can compared it to Starbucks, some people just want coffee, but some want frappalattecappusoywithatwistandfoam, so Starbuck sells it, but it sure cost more. Go to any airport and notice what people spend money on, 4.95 for a glossy magazine full of ads, no problem, the aforementioned frappalatte for 6 bucks, no problem, thow in a sad looking salad for 8, sure load me up, but three dollars more for an airline ticket, "are you frigging nuts, that is like highway robbery?" Even if that airline offered better service than some others.

So, jetblue offers you the opportunity to buy a nice pillow and blanket set for $7, plus you get a $5 gift certificate. Seems like a pretty reasonable proposition to me.

Latest resources

Back