• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Charges $7 for Pillow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No he's right every airline that tries to briing in ancillary revenue is doomed. Sorry guys it was a great run. I guess it's back to wal mart handing out happy face stickers at the door....

I heard that a week before closure we are going to start charging for the first checked bag.onder where that insane idea came from?

Sounds like desperation before they close the doors.

Apparently the last chance cash infusion from Lufthansa is about spent. Sorry to hear they might be going down, the TV.s never worked very well, but a lot of nice people might be out of work.

Better cash in those ticket vouchers.

$1.35 Billion in total cash ...of which $850 Million is unrestricted cash...acording to our 2nd quarter 10K

BTW we still have all the cash from the Lufthansa deal......we are doing better than most right now!

Cash flow positive how many airlines of any size can say that?

Cheeta you dont have to defend yourself. He is throwing stones from that Spirit Terminal next door. Upset over his own situation, taking jabs at others makes him feel better..

Talking about desperation,,, Did our CEO have to send a press release saying that 40% of the company was NOT being shown to the door..

Besides SWA JB is about as solid as an airline can be currently. The new blanket pillow thing is damn nice for $7 I got 2 of them for the kids

Sounds like desperation before they close the doors.

Apparently the last chance cash infusion from Lufthansa is about spent. Sorry to hear they might be going down, the TV.s never worked very well, but a lot of nice people might be out of work.

Better cash in those ticket vouchers.

I think if we put 178 seats in our A320's, started charging for the blue chips and every checked bag, ... well, then I might worry. But dont you worry Kwick about JB, we will be more than happy to staple you to the bottom of the senority list.

A fleet analysis was completed on Spirit last month by our Live TV division. After removal of the older airframes and lease returns from spirit it was determined that the remaining fleet could be completely refitted with TV's within 120 days.

321 's for high density low yield JFK S FL flights and the 319's on the transcon and island market. The blue shirts are actually great they dont show the sweat rings.

Lufthansa identified Central, South, Latin America, and carrinean as high growth areas. Now what was that $300 million for?

Pieces of the puzzle

I can't see us absorbing another carrier right this second....a possibility, but not right now.

A fleet analysis was completed on Spirit last month by our Live TV division. After removal of the older airframes and lease returns from spirit it was determined that the remaining fleet could be completely refitted with TV's within 120 days.

321 's for high density low yield JFK S FL flights and the 319's on the transcon and island market. The blue shirts are actually great they dont show the sweat rings.

Lufthansa identified Central, South, Latin America, and carrinean as high growth areas. Now what was that $300 million for?

Heard a similar tale almost word for word from a senior VP (R.C.) (achew) at Jetblue during a transcon a few months ago right after the Lufthansa money came.

What's next??

So what's next:
Since JB is an LLC then charge for seat belt extenders for the overweight pax.
How about charging for the snacks and drinks too?
Charge to flush the toilet only after you have the pax that the captain has sit there so the FA can have a "real" seat.
Start charging for any trash a pax wants to dump during the flight. Just wait, the nickle and diming of the pax will cause them to leave each and every seat pocket full of trash and God know's what.
Charge for each and every smile an FA gives up while working. Or let's see a charge for every safe or smooth landing that a pilot can deliver.
Now I hope all works well for JB. I am simply being the thorn in the side because the public is saying it now.
Good luck!

Latest resources

Back