• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Charges $7 for Pillow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are so far off base...but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

I treat all pilots the same. Gold tie, blue shirt, and yes even NWA badge.

My comments were not directed at you as pilots. Instead, they were directed at a policy that your management put in place. You respond with personal attacks and character smears. Do you guys treat other pilots like this in person? I didn't start the whole ours is better than yours BS. One of your guys brought that up. Each his own and yes I am sorry I even bothered.

I'm done. Good luck. Fly safe.

Dad while the thread started with your input I will add that in MY opinion the responses regarding your past interview and current employment situation are largely pretty neutral. I dont see any personal attacks and in fact the replies that I have read lend some validity to your position as a whole.

The remaining posts are discussing the pros and cons of two similiar yet different facets of our industry.

Don't be so sensitive to a non existent issue. Did i get every job I interviewed for? No of course i didnt and not many people have. Some guys interview at JB and get a thumbs down while that same person may go over to Fedex or SWA and get the job.

Why we will never know...

I like the idea of buying my own pillow and blanket from jetblue. I hear it is good quality and I could use it over. I do not like recycled pillows that were used on 4 flights before mine with slob stains and dandruff flakes all over. Nobody would be happy if the hotel kept the same pillow and case from the previous occupant so why complain about a nice pillow. Not everyone will want a pillow but some will. These days, I think the only thing that should be free on planes is water. Not a bottle of water, but a glass of water. Sodas, beer, wine and food are all niceties that are not necessary or wanted by everyone and should be purchased. Charging for premium seats are OK too.

It is tough to change mindsets when folks are used to free food and drinks on planes. People no longer expect free meals or nice snacks...just peanuts or pretzels. The mindset was changed. Now the mindset on other freebies is changing and people will begin to accept the reality that the days of free drinks and pillows are gone and move on. It will be a little rough in the start but soon it will become normal....just like crappy payrates, paying for training and guys who sign up to fly big jets for peanuts.

Oh, no, I prefer the Guido-with-the-goatee- pre-drooled-and-warmed blankets and pillows......

You're right. When I was at the meeting that decided this, I fought very hard against it....but the bean counters prevailed....:rolleyes:

I don't care if it's a bit extreme....because you know who's tired of subsidizing that 100 fare to FL.....

ME!...:mad:

Easy there Gov'na. You'll notice that I mentioned I'd rather pay more for the base airfare then get screwed with 100 bones to reschedule.

You don't like subsidizing my $100 fare to FL? Yelling at me will really help that situation out. Get a different job that pays what you would like to make, take it up with management or just shut your yapper. Those are the choices you have.

The birth of internet search engines killed the airlines. We all know that people will pick the airline fare that is at the top (the cheapest).

Period.

Latest resources

Back