Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue CEO on pilot’s mid-air meltdown: ‘It started medical, but clearly wasn’t’

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me preface by saying I hope he is ok. With that out of the way, thanks to this guy, we can all expect the feds to include a more thorough "mental screening" on our physicals.

Wait, maybe this is a good thing. Half of you guys are bananas! I expect my senority to skyrocket....nice!

So from reading the charge filed against him, it seems that FBI agent is using the words of the FO, off duty captain, and the 3 FAs to charge this operating captain with the charge of interefering with a flight crew.

yes, this is called witness testimony and he brought it before a federal judge who found probable cause to charge the pilot formally.

all fully legit

the flip side is one FO, one off-duty captain, three FA's, and multiple members of flying public, and the declared emergency over the radio, was all invented imaginary stuff people dreamed up.

The question is where is he being held? I thought I read some place that at first he was at a "medical facility". I am curious if the fact that charges have now been filed means that the initial medical exam did not turn up anything unusual. If he is now being held in a normal holding facility/jail, it would certainly indicate there is no medical issue.

I hope they find out what caused this, and I pray for him and his family that it is something he can recover from and move forward.

The question is where is he being held? I thought I read some place that at first he was at a "medical facility". I am curious if the fact that charges have now been filed means that the initial medical exam did not turn up anything unusual. If he is now being held in a normal holding facility/jail, it would certainly indicate there is no medical issue.

I hope they find out what caused this, and I pray for him and his family that it is something he can recover from and move forward.

He may be under supervision at a hospital. Remember, people can be charged and be out free, on bond, pending trial. "In custody" also does not necessarily mean behind jail bars. He may be "in custody" at the local mental hospital, under police supervision.

"What effect and knee jerk reaction will the FAA take to test or evaluate all flight crews, could be ugly... just saying.."

Some obscure moron occupying a cubicle in FAA headquarters is already plotting a grand scheme to prevent this from happening again; so they can retire with the belief they actually accomplished something in their pathetic career.

In any event, I and probably most of us wish the Captain luck as indeed some mental/medical issues may be at play here. Not saying it absolves him of accountability but there may be more to the story.

Lets see what plays out. Good luck guys

Clayton has a long legal battle ahead of him.

Too bad he does not have ALPA Lawyers fighting for him.

Maybe Dave will pick up his legal tab?

I'm thinking that Clayton's 5 year contract has already been shreded.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back