• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Cancels 215 Flights today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's more for ya.... USAir-another dufus!

From the USA Today Aviation Blog...

A spokesman for US Airways said that carrier had 414 weather-related cancellations as of 12:30 p.m. ET. Of that, 55 cancellations were on mainline US Airways wile 359 were on its Express flights.

Tail

PS- I guess that's 414 case by case basis'

Last edited:
Also-if you pre-cancel more of the whining pax are at home where the media can't find them and put them on the 6 o'clock news.

I'm a little perplexed as to why we are suddenly seeing freezing rain pellets and snow pellets in our forecasts this year. I have rarely, if ever, seen this type of precipitation forecasted or reported in my career.

Has there been a change in the forecasting model or has there been some recent clarification to the weather observers that directs them to use this precip designation?

I'm a little perplexed as to why we are suddenly seeing freezing rain pellets and snow pellets in our forecasts this year. I have rarely, if ever, seen this type of precipitation forecasted or reported in my career.

Has there been a change in the forecasting model or has there been some recent clarification to the weather observers that directs them to use this precip designation?

AKAAB,

Excellent observation. I have noticed that WX observation more this year than any other. Not to mention strong jetstreams, abnormal cold days in all parts of this country. Thunderstorms in mid winter in certain mid latitude states.

I am not Al Gore fan, but he might be on to something. We have seen a wild shift in weather patterns the past few years (all those hurricanes the eyar before last).

Yikes,

AAflyer

The real difference between AA and JB today. JB crews will be pay protected and we will not. We gotta get that changed this contract.

Regards,

AA

Hey AA, if you guys pro-actively curtail all that make-up flying, you'll be pay protected before you can swipe your next newspaper!

ultra

As a former Jetblue pilot I can tell you that they are on a slow road to closing their doors.

Sure, thanks for the info on the door closing. I personally dont think that will happen anytime soon but what do I know. How long were you here....months or days. Have fun at SWA.

Last edited:
As a former Jetblue pilot I can tell you that they are on a slow road to closing their doors.

Thanks for letting me know, smart guy. Let me go ahead and fall all over myself right now in awe of your vastly superior knowledge.

Dont you know airlines dont go out of business anymore? They just declare BK, go into the health spa for 2-3 years, dont pay their bills, and come out ready to screw everyone over.

US Air is a bit brave. From CNN.com

"USAirways (Charts), in a decision that underscores JetBlue's sensitivity to the problem, cancelled none of its East Coast flights.

"The weather is fine for flying," company spokesman Andrew Christie said.

The Phoenix.-based airline will handle any air traffic control issues arising from the weather on a case-by-case basis, Christie said."

Mr. Christie seems to have spoken too soon.

Well, LCC just lies to the customers. Very commendable.

Latest resources

Back