• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue blowing people away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes it is. This whole thing is embarrassing.

I'd love to know who the crew was. Those are senior trips. You would hope those guys would know better.

someone pointed out that another crew did the same thing in a different video (using the blastpad for takeoff). maybe it was the same crew on a different flight down there. seems possible

Blast Pad/Overrun (yellow chevrons), no. Displaced threshold (white arrows), yes.

Looking at the way the runway is laid out, I seriously doubt his wheels were in the blast pad. The camera angle is a little deceptive; take a look at the aerial view:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9869/screenshot20120410at846.jpg

You can see his nosewheel going across the outermost chevron within the blastpad at 6 seconds into the video. I don't believe you're allowed to even taxi into the blastpads. You'd have to cross some solid lines to get there.

Observations.

The Young Lady:

So, none of us were ever young and did something stupid before?

That is a young Woman, a Human Being, someone's Daughter, Sister, Friend etc. being flung into that concrete barrier.

Get some humanity and some self respect before you denigrate her actions ....We've all had fun on vacations/spring break and maybe we all got away with doing some stupid things.

She didn't.

I guess that makes us Superior.(?)

I hope she is okay, and suffers no permanent damage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Flight Crew:

Look at :19 secs into the video.

The Yellow Chevron...The FIRST Yellow Chevron at the approach end of the runway, is clearly in sight. There is not another one behind them, and there are two on that runway.

They were in an area they should not have been in for takeoff. Clearly.

Why?

Perhaps a mistake, a moment of carelessness, a hurried day, fatigue....whatever. They will have to explain that. I hope they can, and I wish them well.

GOD HELP THEM...IF, the CVR shows any evidence of "Hey, let's give these folks a good show! hahahaha. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That girl should not have been there.

NOR, should that aircraft.

There is equal blame to go around.

I wish them all well.

YKW

Observations.

The Young Lady:

So, none of us were ever young and did something stupid before?

That is a young Woman, a Human Being, someone's Daughter, Sister, Friend etc. being flung into that concrete barrier.

Get some humanity and some self respect before you denigrate her actions ....We've all had fun on vacations/spring break and maybe we all got away with doing some stupid things.

She didn't.

I guess that makes us Superior.(?)

I hope she is okay, and suffers no permanent damage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Flight Crew:

Look at :19 secs into the video.

The Yellow Chevron...The FIRST Yellow Chevron at the approach end of the runway, is clearly in sight. There is not another one behind them, and there are two on that runway.

They were in an area they should not have been in for takeoff. Clearly.

Why?

Perhaps a mistake, a moment of carelessness, a hurried day, fatigue....whatever. They will have to explain that. I hope they can, and I wish them well.

GOD HELP THEM...IF, the CVR shows any evidence of "Hey, let's give these folks a good show! hahahaha. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That girl should not have been there.

NOR, should that aircraft.

There is equal blame to go around.

I wish them all well.

YKW

Lucidity in the house. Who would of thought...

Thanks for the moment of clarity.

S

Latest resources

Back