• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue blowing people away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hate to be a debbie downer, but she should, and will probably win too!

B6 pilots got some carpet dancing to do...the area he/she began his/her takeoff roll is clearly marked with yellow chevrons. Not a displaced threshold. HERE is a better pic of the area.

Having the name on the plane, coupled with everyone having video cameras makes it impossible to be incognito anymore.

The chevrons are behind him, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what they did. Nothing. The Air France tail in your picture is also over a chevron, that is SOP in St. Maarten.

Last edited:
The chevrons are behind him, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what they did. Nothing. The Air France tail in your picture is also over a chevron, that is SOP in St. Maarten.

I dunno, the A320 tail looks a lot closer to the fence than the A340's tail. I haven't been down there in quite a few years, though.

Last time I checked, it's clearly marked on BOTH sides of the sidewalk not to be in the blast zone when a/c are departing, be there at your own risk type of stuff.

Peace.

Rekks

There are many signs and even the police will give you a hefty fine is they catch you doing it, but this has been an entertainment at Princess Juliana for many years now and people go there just to do that, I have been at the sunset bar and overheard people commenting that they will not get up unless it is a 747 or an a340, but injuries and fines will not prevent this anymore than injuries and fines prevents base jumping, the adrenaline rush is too much of an allure.

There are many signs and even the police will give you a hefty fine is they catch you doing it, but this has been an entertainment at Princess Juliana for many years now and people go there just to do that, I have been at the sunset bar and overheard people commenting that they will not get up unless it is a 747 or an a340, but injuries and fines will not prevent this anymore than injuries and fines prevents base jumping, the adrenaline rush is too much of an allure.

Hope that these FuqTards don't mess up a great thing for the rest of us. Juliana Beach is a fantastic spot.

Latest resources

Back