Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue: Below average and it's going to stay that way.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No thank you. The 190 is not a regional jet, it's very similar to a DC-9 or 717 which have always been mainline jets. Just because every other jet that Embraer makes is an RJ, that doesn't make the 190 an RJ by association.

Boeing 717 - Max takeoff weight, 110,000, Typical seating 106-117
E190- Max takeoff weight 114,000, Typical seating 94-114
(As posted on Wikipedia)

Jetblue 5 yr FO/8 yr CA E190 = $82 / $136
Airtran 5 yr FO/8 yr CA 717 = $93 / $151

I know you feel superior to we small, single aisle, narrow body jet 190 pilots in your giant, er slightly less small, single aisle, narrow body A320, but I'll pass on the pay cut, thanks.

Priceless! Thank you

That's not what the email said, and where are you getting the 125% from? The email is clear that we are getting the 2.21% this year and that they want to revisit it and potential adjust the peer set and premium trigger next year. When you don't have the confidence in your argument's effectiveness to stand on its own with factual, real points and attempt to augment those points with made up facts and speculation, it has the opposite effect that you're looking for- it makes your audience assume that all your facts are skewed based on the ones that obviously are.

Here's an example- what is your general opinion of mainstream media's reporting on aviation issues? As professionals in the industry, we know that they get almost everything wrong because they couldn't be bothered to get the real facts straight before their publication deadline. As a result, you immediately discount anything they publish on an aviation related issue because they've demonstrated to you that they're not a reliable source.

I'm as pro union and pro CBA as anyone here, but if you don't have the intellectual honestly to stick to the cold, hard facts you're a detriment to the drive. Made up facts and statitistics only fire up people who are already anxious to vote yes- those people aren't going to win the campaign- changing a no voters mind will do that, and they're turned off by the chicken little routine.

Excellent post, and is exactly what I'm trying to say.

CD

No thank you. The 190 is not a regional jet, it's very similar to a DC-9 or 717 which have always been mainline jets. Just because every other jet that Embraer makes is an RJ, that doesn't make the 190 an RJ by association.

Boeing 717 - Max takeoff weight, 110,000, Typical seating 106-117
E190- Max takeoff weight 114,000, Typical seating 94-114
(As posted on Wikipedia)

Jetblue 5 yr FO/8 yr CA E190 = $82 / $136
Airtran 5 yr FO/8 yr CA 717 = $93 / $151

I know you feel superior to we small, single aisle, narrow body jet 190 pilots in your giant, er slightly less small, single aisle, narrow body A320, but I'll pass on the pay cut, thanks.

Had Rob M in the js a while back and he was sure to state that we were the highest paid 190 drivers in the world. I asked him if we replaced EMB with a B, DC, MD, or an A would we still be the highest paid? Same seats same legs same same... short conversation.

Had Rob M in the js a while back and he was sure to state that we were the highest paid 190 drivers in the world. I asked him if we replaced EMB with a B, DC, MD, or an A would we still be the highest paid? Same seats same legs same same... short conversation.

Haha, nice. I don't doubt that ELT would try to make that argument, it's just up to us to not buy into it. I sure don't. It's a mainline jet and it deserves mainline pay.

BB,

Eventually you have to grow up and recognize that we are now an established major airline, no longer a start up. No, we haven't been around as long as the really big boys with the really big toys, but we are now amongst the top ten in the US and even figure quite well in the world rankings as far as ASM's, we far outpaced some flag carriers.

It's time to wear big boy pants!

I love it! The premium trigger went into effect the same time as the 30% raise. Do the math, you're still ahead. Always with the negative Moriarity!!! When our airline is 40 years old like SWA, maybe we can start comparing apples with apples. We are an infant in the airline industry and are just getting our sea legs. You chose to come to an upstart, that is what we are. My friends who decided to fly American and a host of other legacies have had disrupted lives these last 12 years-- I'll take my not so perfect 12 years here over what my friends have experienced any day. As we move forward, there will be challenges, but you'll see for the most part, Jetblue has provided most of what we can ask for. If you truly want industry standards, then maybe the 190 guys/gals can then take a pay cut too...

Typical I've got mine attitude!

Math is easy and universal. Here are the numbers regarding getting rid of our premium pay.

Jetblue wants to determine the value of our premium pay? 14% is what Jetblue said our premium pay cost them in the payroll budget.

The flight ops budget is "X". 14% of "X" is premium pay. If you want to get rid of premium pay... seems to me that should be pretty easy to figure out.

Assuming the flight ops budget is all annual compensation, then $290 million x 2.2% = $296.38 million. That means 14% of X = roughly $41.5 million.

If you want to get rid of "Premium Pay"... jetBlue owes the pilot group $41.5 Million in hourly pay rate increases. This translates into a $18/hour pay raise.

As a 2nd year 190 FO for example this would make your pay rate with the 2.21% COLA we just received about $81.76/hour. So long story short I will gladly sign away premium pay for an $18/hour base rate raise. Makeing this base rate would also stop our flica wh@re$ from flying 140 hours of credit every month and create more jobs at JB.

I dont want to work 90-100 hours a month and a higher base rate would help me maximize my money for a lot less work. Why the company would even consider this I don't know because it would cost them alot of money and less productivity. I am imagineing that they are going to come out with something closer to a $10/hour pay raise. As this will save them alot of money however I also believe doing this is going to push a lot of the guys that are on the fence towards the Pro-Union side.

I keep hearing all of you guys bashing the new guys for being so happy and not wanting a union. As a new guy that hangs out with a lot of new guys but flys with a lot of OLD guys. The old(seniority based) and military guys are the guys that you all need to convince, not the new pilots on property that freshly remember what it can be like to get beat daily by the company they work for.

Latest resources

Back