• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been here at JB for 15 months and here is how the bases break down for me in the 320

JFK: 20% from bottom line holder, I can get around 6 hrs/day working weekends.

BOS: Could have held it after 6 months, still be on reserve.

FLL: Held it right after IOE, still be on reserve.

LGB: Could have held it after 13 months, reserve forever.

I would have fared better in the 190 as far as seniority goes. A buddy of mine recently got E90 BOS in training. Upgrades are stopped for the time being so there has been no real movement in the last 2 system bids so it hard to say what future results will be. I know of a number of FOs trying to get into BOS so I would say until the base grows that might be as hard as LGB until the infamous fence comes down starting on the August system bid. The main highlight there is the that on a rolling 2 year basis the E90 CAs can go to 320 CA (if there are any upgrade slots) and a big chunk of the senior 320 FOs can go to E90 CA. This might help out BOS because some the 320 FOs might go E90 CA. I doubt it will do much for LGB and FLL until we see a crew base out in their areas.

It looks like MCO base is a dead issue for a while longer. Look to see if and when our west coast expansion goes for a bay area crew base. There is supposedly a large number of available gates at SFO and it look sort of like a west coast version of JFK. SWA is getting a lot more space in OAK and maybe we'll pick up a gate or 2 there and start encroaching on the west coast like we did in the east. The co terminal sort of works in PBI and FLL so we'll see how much Flt Ops is willing to do make the conept work out west. Inflight hated PBI and that might have a lot to do with how future bases play out.

Latest resources

Back