• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue and O'Reilly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If JetBlue was so leftwing (it takes both left and right to fly right?), then why would out of 36 Live TV channels does it air FOX news on its airplanes? Maybe JetBlue should boycott FOX and replace the channel with more cartoons. Heck, isn't JetBlue's newest advertising ploy that it's the official airline of Springfield (The Simpsons Movie)...another FOX program we can do without.

The problem I have with Mr. O'Reilly is he is not only attacking JetBlue and their CEO, but also its 10,000 employees when he says everyone to boycott the company over giving some tickets to a leftwing website. You can't label everyone at JetBlue left or right. It's not possible to hire all left wing employees or right wing employees is it?

JetBlue also sponsers building playgrounds in poor neighborhoods across the country. Where's the fair and balanced? Any positive angles from his talking point? I didn't see any.

So Mr. O'Reilly, even after your constant bashing, why does JetBlue continue to achieve best customer service awards year after year? Maybe because more people fly on JetBlue than watch your show...

Last edited:
Why is everyone so upset? Since when did Bill O'Reilly become a legitimate broadcaster? I see his rant no different than some wannabe squawking. It won't make a difference.

Fair and Balanced?...

Bill,
You are like a bull in a china shop! unwilling sometimes to give the benefit of the doubt at the expense of championing your cause. The "donation" of 10 tickets to the Daily Kos convention in Chicago was no more no less an attempt to expose JetBlue's product to a web site that gets over half a million hits a day. Not to mention that Chicago is a new city served by JetBlue. In a word 10 tickets for advertising "exposure".(for a very small cost)

I agree that the site should have been "vetted" more thoroughly, but donations such as these are processed by a third party company on potential exposure to customers! wow what a concept...Maybe Mr Barger (pronounced B.AR.JER) was unaware of the donation? Watters did not ask him that question! The following statement below was posted on the Daily Kos website from JetBlue, before your talking points aired, I noticed you refrained from reading it last night...

JetBlue is pleased to sponsor the YearlyKos Convention. This is the largest gathering of bloggers and online communicators, a community of growing importance to any company. By sponsoring the convention, JetBlue does not endorse the diversity of personal views represented at the gathering. Our sponsorship simply makes it easier to get people to Chicago for the event.... Simply put, it's none of our business why you travel - we just want you to choose JetBlue for our friendly service and comfy seats, and we want you to talk about your experience.

I am sure this email is too long to be included on your last few minutes tonight, much like your long legs, which I am sure will miss the most leg room in coach in the industry.

wait... people actually watch fox news for news??!?

I just do it for a good laugh

Guys airlines are not left or right wing. But they are about 14 to 24 million hits on a month on a web site for a few free tickets..Get over it. It's just business.

It's funny but I think I remember Jetblue is not particapating in the FisherHouse program where you Donate your F.F Miles to Wounded troops and the airlines Match the Donation. I think This is the way Jetblue's Upper management thinks if Barger didn't feel or support this kind of trash talk he would have come out and said so. I for One would never Purchase a ticket On Jetblue for one I think there a piss poor airline, 2 there a bunch of Non union Trolls and 3 any airline that supports a scum bag organization like the Daily Kos can go down in flames for all I care just as long as the hit the headquarters of the ACLU on the way down.

If JetBlue was so leftwing (it takes both left and right to fly right?), then why would out of 36 Live TV channels does it air FOX news on its airplanes? Maybe JetBlue should boycott FOX and replace the channel with more cartoons. Heck, isn't JetBlue's newest advertising ploy that it's the official airline of Springfield (The Simpsons Movie)...another FOX program we can do without.

The problem I have with Mr. O'Reilly is he is not only attacking JetBlue and their CEO, but also its 10,000 employees when he says everyone to boycott the company over giving some tickets to a leftwing website. You can't label everyone at JetBlue left or right. It's not possible to hire all left wing employees or right wing employees is it?

JetBlue also sponsers building playgrounds in poor neighborhoods across the country. Where's the fair and balanced? Any positive angles from his talking point? I didn't see any.

So Mr. O'Reilly, even after your constant bashing, why does JetBlue continue to achieve best customer service awards year after year? Maybe because more people fly on JetBlue than watch your show...

Spectre,
Say what you will about O'Reilly, but leave the Simpsons out of it!

Don't kid yourself

I don't think it is even close, for the record, I do neither. I truly know nothing of this website, but why alienate either side of the political spectrum. Just make your "donations" to indifferent organizations. Maybe 10 tix to the "bronx zoo" etc the next time JB is feeling generous.
LUV

Latest resources

Back