Jetblue and college degree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twobits said:
i'm sure they prefer a warm body that will do what they tell it. They do not want any harvard MBA's in the pilot group or they would have to pay the pilots more. They are going to need a lot of those warm bodies at the payscale on the 190, IMHO.

Wow! Who had the over/under at 8 posts before someone wrote the expected and uneducated JB bash, in his "humble" opinion.

twobits said:
i'm sure they prefer a warm body that will do what they tell it. They do not want any harvard MBA's in the pilot group or they would have to pay the pilots more. They are going to need a lot of those warm bodies at the payscale on the 190, IMHO.

So, twobits, you in?

My well deserving, excellent pilot, nice as they come, little hyper bud just got on with the Blue. He has no college degree. I think it's his attitude that put him over the top!!!!!

I too have just recieved a call today from JetBlue and was hired without a degree. Keep the faith.

Hugh Jorgan said:
I'm thinkin' a little school wouldn't hurt...;)

it actually would hurt my bank account royally

For the life of me ... I can't think of a single good reason to NOT get a college degree. It demonstrates: intestinal fortitude, a dogged determination to complete an undertaking, an ability to learn new and obtuse information and understand its germaneness to a unique and perhaps unfamiliar situation.

Besides, why would any red-blooded heterosexual American not want to party with a large pool of educated, healthy, young stressed-out co-eds? By far .... college was THE MOST FUN I've had in my entire life! I have never understood why someone would intentionally skip one of the most life-enriching experiences this planet offers.

I honestly don't believe those that skipped college have a clue what they missed. Is it "required" to fly a plane? No way. Does it make you a better, more well-rounded, educated individual? Absolutely. If you want to sell yourself short, take the easy route, always look for the shortcut in life ... then by all means, skip college. If, on the other hand, you feel there is more to life than simply obtaining flight ratings and getting a flying job ... that you actually desire to become educated and be exposed to new and fascinating subjects (that you would not ordinarily pursue in the course of life) ... that learning for the sake of learning is worthy ... then college is a great intro course to "advanced" life.

As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of shortcuts in life. It seems to me they are always taken at the expense of something else in life. Without exception, the few friends I have without a college degree are unanimously regretful they didn't pursue/complete their degree when they were younger.

BBB

Big Beer Belly said:
For the life of me ... I can't think of a single good reason to NOT get a college degree. It demonstrates: intestinal fortitude, a dogged determination to complete an undertaking, an ability to learn new and obtuse information and understand its germaneness to a unique and perhaps unfamiliar situation.

Besides, why would any red-blooded heterosexual American not want to party with a large pool of educated, healthy, young stressed-out co-eds? By far .... college was THE MOST FUN I've had in my entire life! I have never understood why someone would intentionally skip one of the most life-enriching experiences this planet offers.

I honestly don't believe those that skipped college have a clue what they missed. Is it "required" to fly a plane? No way. Does it make you a better, more well-rounded, educated individual? Absolutely. If you want to sell yourself short, take the easy route, always look for the shortcut in life ... then by all means, skip college. If, on the other hand, you feel there is more to life than simply obtaining flight ratings and getting a flying job ... that you actually desire to become educated and be exposed to new and fascinating subjects (that you would not ordinarily pursue in the course of life) ... that learning for the sake of learning is worthy ... then college is a great intro course to "advanced" life.

As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of shortcuts in life. It seems to me they are always taken at the expense of something else in life. Without exception, the few friends I have without a college degree are unanimously regretful they didn't pursue/complete their degree when they were younger.

BBB

You remind me of these kids that I know who are going on 30 and have not made a dime in their life because of their constant pursuit of education. My question is: when does it end?

Education can not be underestimated. No doubt!

But have you proof read what you wrote? Seems to me that what you're saying is nothing in life is more important and meaningful than the 4 years you spent in college? Give me a break!! Have you not done anything worthwhile with your life since you got your degree? If that's the truth, then I pity your life.

To label someone who wasn't fortunate enough to have the money for a college education as "taking a short cut" is just plain absurd.

Colonel, You have lived a sheltered life.

Good luck and maybe you should get out of the classroom more.
Trijet

Last edited:
Easy Trijet, why so defensive? Beer Belly said it was the most fun he had in his life, not the most meaningful accomplishment. No need to attack him personally. What do you know of his accomplishments? Your posts does a poor job of hiding your own insecurities. If his experience is correct on his profile, then he has done quite a bit more than just go to college. College might not be for everyone, but I have never, ever met anyone who has said "I wish I had'nt gone to college", but many who have said they wished they had.

Big Beer Belly I couldn't agree with you more. The freedom-to-reponsibilty ratio is off the freaking charts.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back