Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TriJet

Hi gang,

I was considering putting in an app to B6. What are the chances of getting an interview (job) without a degree?

I meet every other requirements.

any jetblue guy please help.

thanks
trijet

My buddy started class at JB last week, and he has no college degree.....

In fact, he has very few college credits at all.

Degree not needed

They do not even ask about college during the interview. They know it has nothing to do with being a good pilot and outstanding person. TJ PIC, personally, and motivation count at JB, the college degree does not.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the input.

I will put in the app soon.

Trijet

TriJet said:
Hi gang,

I was considering putting in an app to B6. What are the chances of getting an interview (job) without a degree?

thanks
trijet

I'm in the same boat (well almost, lack some PIC turbine) and I say go for it. What have you got to lose. Just like lotto, "you have to be in it to win it"!!!:cool: Not that you can win a job, but you get my point.

TriJet said:
Hi gang,

thanks
trijet

TriJet,

While a degree is not required, it is a piece of the puzzle. If one's qualifications was on the fence, the degree might put them over the top. A lack of a degree might hold them back.

If you do not have a degree, but have a strong resume and even stronger personality that they are looking for, you have just as good a chance as anyone.

Good luck to you,

DW

Last edited:
Thanks a lot everyone..I will put in the app ASAP.

Trijet
P.S. I have an airbus type rating. but it's not the A320, will this help a little?

i'm sure they prefer a warm body that will do what they tell it. They do not want any harvard MBA's in the pilot group or they would have to pay the pilots more. They are going to need a lot of those warm bodies at the payscale on the 190, IMHO.

twobits said:
i'm sure they prefer a warm body that will do what they tell it. They do not want any harvard MBA's in the pilot group or they would have to pay the pilots more. They are going to need a lot of those warm bodies at the payscale on the 190, IMHO.

I am willing to bet it would be a pay raise for you, and I'll double down that your application is in.

Latest resources

Back