Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The standard weak t^t question.

So how did inept mangement work out?

How did not moving from a strict DOH work out for USAIR?

How did Carl Ichan work out for TWA?

ALPA watch as USair was taking to the cleaners
and Ichan had no problem to get what he needed and wanted under the ALPA watch.
Yes let me sign-up. I too want to pay 2% for nothing. It's a bargain.

Well, Blueside,

How does not having a union work out for you?

Industry trailing work rules, benefits and pay.

Unless of course you're an airbus captain in which case you can point to a few who have it worse. Namely, those of us at Jetblue who aren't airbus captains.

I did not mean to come off here saying that airbus captains have it great, some of them do if they're senior enough, but most are also struggling a little.

Not as bad as the Embraer FO's are, but still struggling none-the-less with no B fund, a lack of rigs, and less time at home than they were getting even three years ago. Also, while I'm on it, our insurance sucks.

Yup, the non-union has really worked out well here....for the first few hundred guys.

The rest of us will take many, many years just to make our first hundred g's.

I'm willing to pay 2% for a chance at industry standard.

I'm capable of recognizing that a 2% cost to me would probably mean about a 17% increase in dollars earned, assuming that ALPA can get me anywhere near what the PCRB report said that I should be at.

It must be nice living in your little fantasy world where money is no obstacle. I used to live that way before I came to Jetblue.

I guess I made a mistake in doing so, and believing that what D&D told me.

Last edited:
Oh.. but they will act quickly.. the committees are going to be starting soon.. in 3 months or so they will be formed.. and after a few more months they will bring the report we got from the PCRB to management and they will tell us it's a great takeaway a few months later. Which you can translate into "pound sand". This process will preserve our culture, maximize our collaboration, and build on our managements history of nonsensical unilateral changes.
But I'm not bitter.... :)

The JB management will tweak a few things, but will not fix all the negatives highlighted in the PCRB report. They will do just enough to keep 50%+1 relatively happy. They will put on a puppet show that will unveil our "new collaborative culture" and "show" us how it is working for our "benefit".

I was one of the 49 pilots who voted for ALPA. I just hope that next time around, ALPA wins so we can get on with business.

GP

ALPA watch as USair was taking to the cleaners
and Ichan had no problem to get what he needed and wanted under the ALPA watch.
Yes let me sign-up. I too want to pay 2% for nothing. It's a bargain.

You probably won't see it, but if it wasn't for ALPA, you would be making less than you are. ALPA is the reason Airline Pilot's are paid as well as they are and have at least hung on to a semblance of what we had while our profession has been under attack by CEO's that saw our pay scales as the low hanging fruit for lining their pockets.That's a bit of an over generalization, but by and large, upper management pay and bonus's have sky rocketed since deregulation, employee compensation not so much.

Here is an idea: if you are an ex TWA pilot at JB, get ALPA and ensure you elect leaders that won't waive your scope!

If you are ex USAIR at JB, get ALPA and ensure that your elected leaders don't agree to binding arbitration!.

Here is an idea: if you are an ex TWA pilot at JB, get ALPA and ensure you elect leaders that won't waive your scope!

If you are ex USAIR at JB, get ALPA and ensure that your elected leaders don't agree to binding arbitration!.

Either way, don't think, just get ALPO!

Prater needs your money for a new car!

Has he taken a pay cut?

Of course not! My Bad!

I'm willing to pay 2% for a chance at industry standard.

I'm capable of recognizing that a 2% cost to me would probably mean about a 17% increase in dollars earned, assuming that ALPA can get me anywhere near what the PCRB report said that I should be at.

How many Union jobs have leading contracts? Did TWA or USAir under ALPA have a leading contract?

Where do get the 17% figure? I understand you are angry but that is not a reason to make things up. Just because a Union is on property does not mean more money.

REZ,
bad leadership is always a problem. JB has good leaders running the show, why should we take the risk with a Union.
Would you be a good Union leader? Do you understand the industry? What makes a good Union and Union Leadership?

Blueside,

No one here is asking for industry leading. At least no one I know of.

The 17% figure is what the PCRB Action Plan Analysis says that I am still underpaid after the pay raise that was recently handed out.

That's just straight pay. If you look at our work rules and benefits it looks even worse.

I am comparing myself to industry average, not industry leading. I actually educated myself prior to the election instead of just trusting that the very same managment team that brought me industry-bottom rates, benefits and work rules would "Do the right thing".

Did you read the entire PCRB report?
Did you read the entire Company PCRB Action Plan?
Did you read the PCRB Action Plan Analysis?

Or did you just say "I got mine, screw everyone else"?

Unions don't solve all that is wrong with the industry. That's a fact.

For those of us who have been doing this for 20 + years, you recognize that there are some things that can only be done with a CBA and that's where I'm at. You can live in your little blue world and look down at those of us in the bottom 70% of the list, feeling superior that you went to an airline that none of us took seriously until our airlines imploded after 911. That's your right.

Knock yourself out.

Just don't tell me that I can't have a middle-class income in a job that paid far better than middle-class wages for generations.

Enjoy the left seat of the airbus, it's the only job at this joint that pays a liveable wage. Except for your friends in managment.

Latest resources

Back