• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue and ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm glad somebody is starting this bandwagon. I'll jump on.

I appreciate all of the things the JBPA guys did. I really do, but I wrote in ALPA.

All of you naysayer's can bash them all you want, but I've been ALPA at a couple of airlines, and I've non-union at a couple of airlines, and I really liked having ALPA.

I didn't and don't always agree with them and I probably never will, but I can't stand having no say over my working conditions and pay rates. I really can't take anymore corporate double-speak and "Great Takeaways".

I hope that we can convince the USAir guys and the TWA guys that ALPA is better than the current process which has brought us industry bottom-dwelling payrates, work rules and benefits.

I hope to God that we can fix this mess in a year. I believe that we will inevitably need to have a union here sooner or later, and I believe that the strength of a national union outweighs the benefits of an in-house with a managment group that has a proven record of not wanting to treat us fairly.

This isn't Southwest. It never will be. It's the same old thing I had at United, except they hug you before they bend you over and expect you to pay your bills with "Culture".

I talked to the bill collectors...they want cash, not hugs and CULTure.

So do I.

Agreed 100%. I think that if the company does not act on the PCRB analysis asap, you will see the USAir, TWA and BOB's on board for ALPA....

Oh.. but they will act quickly.. the committees are going to be starting soon.. in 3 months or so they will be formed.. and after a few more months they will bring the report we got from the PCRB to management and they will tell us it's a great takeaway a few months later. Which you can translate into "pound sand". This process will preserve our culture, maximize our collaboration, and build on our managements history of nonsensical unilateral changes.
But I'm not bitter.... :)

Good to see. Good luck to all JetBlue pilots. Hopefully you'll be wearing ALPA pins in a year.

So how did ALPA work out for the USAir and TWA guys?

So how did ALPA work out for the USAir and TWA guys?

The standard weak t^t question.

So how did inept mangement work out?

How did not moving from a strict DOH work out for USAIR?

How did Carl Ichan work out for TWA?

The standard weak t^t question.

So how did inept mangement work out?

How did not moving from a strict DOH work out for USAIR?

How did Carl Ichan work out for TWA?

You are spot on. To judge ALPA by ignoring all the good they have accomplished and pointing out a couple situations they couldn't fix, and as you said were not of their own doing, is weak to say the least.
BTW, how can you fault ALPA at USAir?? All they did was try and represent ALL the ALPA pilots equally and not show favoritism to either pilot group. You couldn't have found two harder to merge lists if you tried. East just bailed when they didn't get preferential treatment over west.

Latest resources

Back