• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue ALPA drive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And they would have been better off if they were non union???

JetBlue Pilots should just wait and watch how ALPA performs in this merger. ALPA can use all their legal in-house help to settle with SWAPA the seniority integration, unlike in the USAir/AWA, DAL/NWA, and UAL/CO merger (due to conflict of interest ALPA carrier against ALPA carrier). However, much like the AA/TWA merger ALPA knows all money spend will have no return. In fact, this will be a negative cash flow effort for ALPA. Any prediction how much resources ALPA will spend on this undertaking?

If history holds true, a pilot’s group seniority integration it is not so much an issue of union or non-union, rather it is a function of financial health and size.

Last edited:
What's exactly the problem at JB? I don't know. I do know quite a few guys over there and they never complain about anything.

JetBlue Pilots should just wait and watch how ALPA performs in this merger. ALPA can use all their legal in-house help to settle with SWAPA the seniority integration, unlike in the USAir/AWA, DAL/NWA, and UAL/CO merger (due to conflict of interest ALPA carrier against ALPA carrier). However, much like the AA/TWA merger ALPA knows all money spend will have no return. In fact, this will be a negative cash flow effort for ALPA. Any prediction how much resources ALPA will spend on this undertaking?

If history holds true, a pilot’s group seniority integration it is not so much an issue of union or non-union, rather it is a function of financial health and size.

Moot point. If SWA decides to intergrate Airtan into single certificate as all indicators point towards then the Bond-McCaskill Bill takes of PRECEDENCE. Read the bill. The McCaskill-Bond amendment requires "provisions shall be made for the integration of seniority lists in a fair and equitable manner" and that disputes over seniority be submitted to binding arbitration.

From Labor Law Firm Baptiste & Wilder, P.C.

"The CAB mandated integration procedures for employees affected by transactions regardless of whether they were unionized. Similarly, the recent legislation would apply to any employee covered by the RLA, not just unionized employees. So, if a nonunion carrier either acquires or is acquired by a unionized carrier, all employee groups would receive these integration procedures.
Again, though, nonunion employees would not have any successorship protections (they don’t have to be hired by the successor) nor would they have any right to negotiate over their other terms of employment. The seniority integration procedures would only apply if they were hired and then would not protect any other term of employment.
Even as it relates to seniority integration, there is a fair question as to just what “seniority” nonunion employees can have. The federal courts have stated repeatedly that seniority is solely a creation of contract (i.e., collective bargaining agreements.) If you don’t have a contract, do you really have seniority? And do you have seniority entitlements (for example, in the ordering of a list) that would be enforceable in an integration arbitration?
So while this legislation covers nonunion employees, it, at most, provides only limited protection and even that protection is open to question."

What's exactly the problem at JB? I don't know. I do know quite a few guys over there and they never complain about anything.

Great place to work. 90% would agree. Sure there are things that could be better but overall very good.

This has to do with protection. Protecting ourselves and families from events that which we can not control. Nothing against the company. This is to protect us from outside forces. Such as medical issues and merger scenarios.

Selective quoting is fun

That's a laugh.. You think we are at that Buf hotel because we are non union?

Holy old post resurrection. Didn't address the FSM or the en-masse resignations from the WRC, did ya?

I think we have no say in where Skinner decides to stick us because we are non-union. He has already chosen to unilaterally override our hotel committee's reccommendations on a couple places. Ever seen the Lodging section of a real CBA?

Nothing to see here, move along, culturally-based scope and the IPJB will save us....

Happy Jetting.

Holy old post resurrection. Didn't address the FSM or the en-masse resignations from the WRC, did ya?

I think we have no say in where Skinner decides to stick us because we are non-union. He has already chosen to unilaterally override our hotel committee's reccommendations on a couple places. Ever seen the Lodging section of a real CBA?

Nothing to see here, move along, culturally-based scope and the IPJB will save us....

Happy Jetting.

True.

Latest resources

Back