Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
side stick-n said:
Hey Moderators,

If you guys ever put a stop to this crap, you could have a good message board. I'm all for hearing others opinions but the derogatory remarks and obvious flame bait needs to stop. Maybe a few permanent bans would send a message......

DITTO!

PFT boy, are you talking again? We didn't give you permission. Now go pay for a job somewhere else.

PCL_128 said:
No, we have this revolutionary concept of handling this problem. Here it comes, get ready for it........ WE HAVE PEOPLE IN THE HUBS THAT ARE PAID TO CLEAN THE FRICKIN' AIRPLANES!!!! Amazing, isn't it? Air line pilots fly airplanes. They shouldn't be acting like janitors.

Take a look at those -190 rates again. Look like regional rates to me.

PCL,
Your FA's clean the planes at out stations. That is a fact. As a jumpseater/non rev, I would help them while you sat on your a$$ before I got off the airplane. They appreciated it very much because it showed them you were human. I do not know why you would try to deflect that fact and try to gloss over it. You fly for an ALPA airline that has FA's cleaning airplanes that by your rules should be a union sin. Instead you ignore it and go get a hot dog basket special at XYZ airport and then come here and bash the....what was it? oh yeah, the "jetblew" folks. JetBlue has people at the hubs that clean the planes, and they have something called dignity, because they know there is no one on the airplane that is not above what they do. Ever been in the military? I can't see your pathetic signature from this screen, but this is how the military should have worked but many times did not. Why don't you look at the mainline rates for the 190 at usair and nwa? They are the same. I know this does not compute on your "whizz wheel watch", but your opinion is pretty much a joke here. There are some good things a union does. ALPA just does not do them very well. If those needs are met elsewhere, (i.e through leadership with integrety) I can do without a union.
Thank You, Come Again.
SRT

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
No, we have this revolutionary concept of handling this problem. Here it comes, get ready for it........ WE HAVE PEOPLE IN THE HUBS THAT ARE PAID TO CLEAN THE FRICKIN' AIRPLANES!!!! Amazing, isn't it? Air line pilots fly airplanes. They shouldn't be acting like janitors.

Take a look at those -190 rates again. Look like regional rates to me.

Listen little boy go back to the RJ board where you can beat your chest and talk real big.
Why are you sooo worried about what we do?
Why do you hate SWAPA? BTW SWAPA has negotiated the highest rates in the industry for the 737. Better than what ALPO can say.
Come jumpseat on us and you can see first hand how much cleaning we do.
Until then STF.

fifty30retard said:
BTW SWAPA has negotiated the highest rates in the industry for the 737. Better than what ALPO can say.

No, the other airlines have been forced to accept draconian concessions to come down to SWAPA's rates. Those rates were far from industry-leading before the concessions started.

The other day we had five min. before pax started to load, the cockpit was ready and I needed to get off my butt and walk around a little. I picked up a few things as I walked up the aisle.
Did I do bad? Should I tell my wife? Should I not admit it here? I also pick up the dog crap in the yard at home, btw.

PCL:

Caught eating from the litter box again?

Just what is it with you. Your present state of mind is that the industry ills are two fold.......JetBlue (and SWA from the looks of your last post) and non-union airlines.

What the hell....I'll throw you another pitch and watch you swing and miss.

Cleaning the airplane....what a downer. 5 minutes out of your day to put on some gloves and be a part of the team. For the record, we don't clean lavs, although I have done it at my past three airlines in the name of getting a quick turn and not having the customers repulsed by the odor. Further, I would do it in a heartbeat if I had to. We don't vacuum the cabin. We do some light "housekeeping" in the name of keeping the jet in the air. We also revel in the fact that we don't have high priced "union" talent sitting idle for hours getting grossly overpaid to spend the same 5 minutes doing a terrible job cleaning the jet. Further, our planes are very clean which is part of our brand.

Try it some time....you might notice the FA and if she/he is cute, you might get lucky. Then again, with you walking around in your pilot hat, chest out, redneck boots, and PFT wings on, and occasionally getting on here puking out your bile, you don't have the time for that, do you?

Regional pay for mainline jets? Pot, meet the kettle PCL 128. You are the one flying mainline planes for regional pay. In case you were wondering, the payrates that USAirways and others are getting for the 190 are a direct result of having to lower the bar to get the jets. If they asked for a rate higher, the planes, flying, and the jobs go to the lowest bidder and that would be a real shame for you, right? Oh, that's right, you don't want the jets at PCL. I wonder what kind of dilemna that creates for a big time ALPA pimp.

Let me give you a clue......you want the jets at PCL. Because your current billet as ALPA man at PCL demands you represent your bretheren at PCL and be damned with the other pilots in this land. That means you get any and all flying you can for your group. It is called representation. Quite an enigma, having to represent your group and tow the line for a union that represents the same group that your actions will screw. That is why I will continually hammer away at guys like you who claim the holy grail of ALPA when it is an institution that cannot stand as it is currently structured.

BTW, isn't it about time for you and 32LT10 to get together? His puke should be reappearing shortly.

A350

No, the other airlines have been forced to accept draconian concessions to come down to SWAPA's rates. Those rates were far from industry-leading before the concessions started.

Our pay sux. Our QOL sux, don't try to come here.

Actually, our pay went up the legacy pay went down below our current pay. At Southwest, our job security one of the TOPS in this industry (unless your a worthless airline exec.). I think, job security might have more weight these days over the w2. It might not be the time nor place to discuss payrates in this current environment. Oh, did I mention SWA rules?

Latest resources

Back