• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you will be very happy.
The best thing about all the hiring coming up is people will be
able to go where they want.
Pilotpayne, why are you satisfied with the bottom of the barrel?
Please tell me that you have your apps out.
Don't waste 11 years here, as I have.
I believed a lot of their "stuff", back then. You have their track record.
Analyze.

Edit: On second thought, If this is a stepping stone for you, go for it.

Last edited:
Alaska 2nd quarter revenue...... $1.256 billion with a $105 million dollar profit

JetBlue 2nd quarter revenue.......$1.34 billion and a $36 million dollar profit

Alaska has near monopolies on many routes, has a business class, and does not have the 190, is not building a lodge, is not building a new terminal, and has no start up costs for new cities.

It does have ALPA and it does have an excellent pilot contract.

AND REMEMBER DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRAP. COMPARE W2 to W2. NOT HOURLY.

Pilotpayne, why are you satisfied with the bottom of the barrel?
Please tell me that you have your apps out.
Don't waste 11 years here, as I have.
I believed a lot of their "stuff", back then. You have their track record.
Analyze.

Edit: On second thought, If this is a stepping stone for you, go for it.

Go for what?

Did you read the part about me sending in a card a being a yes vote?
Maybe you looked over that so you could make a false argument as so many do.
I am sorry you wasted 11 years here must be pretty bad at the 1/3 of the list....spare me....captain.

We can lie to ourselves all we want. We re the B team, JV. From management to dispatchers. Top to bottom. We can't operate a flight on time. We buy a school house, Delta buys a refinery. US Air & AA merge, we open a new city and put one flight a day, a redeye at that. We can't even get our uniforms correct. I have no faith in the management to run a tight, profitable airline. And clearly Wall St thinks the same. Even if we get a union we've been taken just missing out this year is huge overall $$$

-Attitude reflects leadership

Go for what?

Did you read the part about me sending in a card a being a yes vote?
Maybe you looked over that so you could make a false argument as so many do.
I am sorry you wasted 11 years here must be pretty bad at the 1/3 of the list....spare me....captain.

Go for the money and benefits that a true major can provide.

I'm right there with you regarding the card. However, if we voted ALPA in this afternoon it's going to be a long contentious negociation The company has already admitted that they won't bargain in good faith. Why start farther behind the curve than you are now?

I don't really consider it wasted, it was the only game in town back then and the majors are just now getting back in hiring mode. My career is shot, only a few years left or I'd be down the road. Actively looking for a good corp gig near home, though.
I'm a good bit higher than 1/3 up the list. Unfortunately, I'm not even half-way up the list at my senior base. I get all the 11+30 3-days I want. Red-eyes at that.
Don't be emotional. JB is just another company
. Exactly what is your big attachment here? Pizza?

Perhaps management is "prepping the battlefield" in anticipation of a union on property in the near future.
Either elimanate items from contract ASAP now or be required to negotiate these items later in a give/take situation.

Perhaps management is "prepping the battlefield" in anticipation of a union on property in the near future.
Either elimanate items from contract ASAP now or be required to negotiate these items later in a give/take situation.
That's my guess.

Go for the money and benefits that a true major can provide.

I'm right there with you regarding the card. However, if we voted ALPA in this afternoon it's going to be a long contentious negociation The company has already admitted that they won't bargain in good faith. Why start farther behind the curve than you are now?

I don't really consider it wasted, it was the only game in town back then and the majors are just now getting back in hiring mode. My career is shot, only a few years left or I'd be down the road. Actively looking for a good corp gig near home, though.
I'm a good bit higher than 1/3 up the list. Unfortunately, I'm not even half-way up the list at my senior base. I get all the 11+30 3-days I want. Red-eyes at that.
Don't be emotional. JB is just another company
. Exactly what is your big attachment here? Pizza?

Yes it's the pizza....

Premium will be going away. It is cooked. Straight pay. That's right. The RUMORED raise will be a wash.
New FARs will make high time impossible(DHs count etc. etc.)
Healthcare cost is the mystery number.
W2s next year will be affected.

Latest resources

Back