• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue 190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I mean come on...it is KIT DARBY.........same guy that tries to convince everyone there's been some type of hiring boom the last 5 years......
There has been. At the Air Inc offices.

I think the word of JetBlue management is worth more than the pages and pages and pages of contracts at other airlines. Look at the huge APA scope clause that allowed Eagle to get unlimited RJ's. Or the good work that ALPA has done at Delta.
Well, when your right, your right...I wish ALPA would figure it out before everything gets destroyed...then again, it may be too late already. I've personally tried for 4 years to convince my MEC to go for a single list for the benefit of everyone involved (including the rest of the industry) As you know, we at Continental Express have a single MEC with CAL right now. For a while before ALPA, we were pretty much on track for a SSL. After the ALPA vote, the scabs felt that Express forced ALPA on them even though its been proven that the ALPA vote would have passed CAL without Express. Since then, those with who still hold the 20 year old grudge with ALPA over their decision to cross have declaired war on us and are very close to kicking us out of our MEC. 4 years ago, I thought we might set a precedent...today, I believe we will just embarass ourselves.

Our chief pilot informed us 2 weeks ago by email that we (ALL Jetblue pilots) will likely be bidding for positions on the E190 about this time next year
(((Drool)))
If the pilot group saw a need for a union, at this point in time or in the future, I am sure we could find one to join. However, as long as management continues to show us they truly care, then no need.
That must be a nice thing. From an outsider looking in, IF you did see a reason to unionize, wouldn't it be a better idea to form your own inhouse union rather than join an outside union being your unique relationship with management?

Do Some Homework

datafox said:
Do JetBlue pilots have any say in the matter?

Don't get me wrong, I love JetBlue just as much as anyone else...but is the JetBlue pilot group part of any organized union? Doesn't the company just dictate work rules, pay, etc...and either you accept it or go somewhere else?

Do JetBlue pilots have a contract?

Datafox

Do a search of flightinfo threads and you will find a very lengthy discussion on the JetBlue Pilot Contract; bottomline, we have contractual rights. Please don't start this one again because we want the internet to continue functioning tomorrow and getting the this croud started on this issue may crash the net.

Re: Re: JetBlue 190's

LAXSaabdude said:
Pleaaaase don't do it! Set a precedent, guys! One airline for all flying. Something that should have happened at AMR years ago.

LAXSaabdude.

Reading this thread really cracks me up.

At Jetblue, I feel much safer with my little 15 page personal contract backed by the honest WORD of Jetblue management, than I did with my 489 page contract at my previous airline that was backed by snake oil salesman.

No, I am not naive. I have been around the block for many, many, years.

Skirt

Re: JetBlue 190's Outsourced???

avrodriver said:
"adding 50 destinations w/start of EMB190 service ’05... Seeking scope clause relief from pilots allowing RJ partners, not just mainline pilots, to fly 100-pax AC"

That's the first clue right there! Since when would a company need scope-clause relief from a pilot group that's not even coverered by a CBA.

Good grief. I'm convinced that people purposely publish this stuff.

I have no problem with JetBlue, I think they are one hell'uva company with great employees in every department.

However, eventually the crap is going to hit the fan. And when it does, a 15-page "agreement" isn't going to work. And neither is $55/hr F/O pay when growth stops.

It took LUV 30-years to screw things up with its F/A's. Hopefully JetBlue will learn from LUV's mistakes and never get to that point.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back