Jetblew Looking To Fragment 190 Fleet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

linepilot

Jetblew has been aggressive in getting pilots to accept lame fragmentation language that allows anything less than 30% ASMs. The PEA locks it in.

190s are less than 30% ASMs and growing with the addition of 321s.

Speculation is that jetblew is pitching fragmentation of the entire 190 fleet WITH the pilots in any sale to an interested buyer.

For instance: SWA buys jetblew for obvious reasons and spins the costly 190s into a feeder. Maybe a sale to some eager regional vulture. Offer the 190 pilots preferential interviews.

Scope: Another WORST IN THE INDUSTRY benefit at jetblew to go along with health care, retirement, and work rules.

Speculation backed up by.....exactly what?

Your interpretation of the PEA?

Then you add the spectre of SWA buying JB, spinning off the 190s to a regional carrier... even if it happened, what happens to the 190 pilot's contract (requiring a minimum of 70 hour pay per month)? Goes away?

Preferential interviews?

Come on, man. Your imagination is indeed wild.

Last edited:
The new fragmentation language is worthless and weak. The metric is wrong, the time frame is too short, and the smallest triggerable fragment is way too large. JetBlue could get rid of all the 190's in an afternoon and still not be within 50% of the airframes needed to trigger it. With all that said, they could do all today with the non-existent language we have now. They didn't need to add it in order to give the company more latitude. I have no idea why they decided to put it in, other than as a worthless sop to pilots who don't read their contracts closely. Unfortunately, that's most of them.

Remember Midwest Express Airlines? The weak management outsourced the entire airline!

Scope=Job

If the 190 is not cost effective under bluejet, why would it be cost effective as a "Southwest feeder" aircraft?

I don't put anything past the company but spinning off an entire fleet and keep it flying as part of the network is a big hornets nest with lots of unintended consequences. Dispatch reliability would go into the toilet, instantly. Staffing that fleet would be nearly impossible due to attrition and turnover.

I think that the whole 'fragmentation language' was put into section 15 just to throw some of the more weak-minded lemmings a bone to give the illusion that there is something to it.

The union vote can't come fast enough.

If the 190 is not cost effective under bluejet, why would it be cost effective as a "Southwest feeder" aircraft?

I don't put anything past the company but spinning off an entire fleet and keep it flying as part of the network is a big hornets nest with lots of unintended consequences. Dispatch reliability would go into the toilet, instantly. Staffing that fleet would be nearly impossible due to attrition and turnover.

I think that the whole 'fragmentation language' was put into section 15 just to throw some of the more weak-minded lemmings a bone to give the illusion that there is something to it.

The union vote can't come fast enough.

That's about right.
They could do it now if they wanted to.
Line pilot you need help, and we need a union

Authentic "behind the scenes" photo of the PEA's final draft.......

CrayonBoy.jpg

JB will be bought by Spirit, and all E190s will go to AA. Quick! Bid the 190!

Latest resources

Back