Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
?

You're a cringer aren't you?

Do you rub against Jenny and Rob's legs when you're cowering at their feet like a stray dog?

I asked a question and you attack me hiding behind your keyboard and screen. Is that classy or is that being a coward?

Is this what we can expect with what ALPA?

Is this what we can expect with what ALPA?

Standard excuse #3: I don't want ALPA because some of the people who want it are mean to me.

Look, man, vote in a union or not, depending on your personal situation and understanding (or lack thereof) of your career here. If you sincerely want to keep the Direct Relationship (tm) and think it will work better than an ALPA CBA, then great. Vote that way. I think it's short-sighted and stupid, but you're welcome to it if it's sincerely held.

Just don't use the "those ALPA guys are meanies" excuse, or even worse the "I was going to vote for ALPA but now I won't because you are mean" line. That kind of stuff went out of style in 5th grade. I'd really like to credit you with more maturity than that.

Standard excuse #3: I don't want ALPA because some of the people who want it are mean to me.

Look, man, vote in a union or not, depending on your personal situation and understanding (or lack thereof) of your career here. If you sincerely want to keep the Direct Relationship (tm) and think it will work better than an ALPA CBA, then great. Vote that way. I think it's short-sighted and stupid, but you're welcome to it if it's sincerely held.

Just don't use the "those ALPA guys are meanies" excuse, or even worse the "I was going to vote for ALPA but now I won't because you are mean" line. That kind of stuff went out of style in 5th grade. I'd really like to credit you with more maturity than that.

+1. I'm not a huge fan of ALPA, but you guys NEED a union. ALPA or some other union; you absolutely need a union on property. Your management is abusing you guys.

Hyper boy and DR apologist defend the utter failure that is the Jan schedule process. Go ahead, I will give you first shot before someone else tears it to shreds.

Most ALPA carries have entire sections dedicated to staffing requirements and managing PBS. We have a flow chart.

Agree, don't forget the constant late DRO too. Both would never happen with a CBA

Have you ever worked at a company with a CBA?
They can break it all they want and will say "grieve it"
Look I am all for a CBA ,but don't think it will fix everything.

+1. I'm not a huge fan of ALPA, but you guys NEED a union. ALPA or some other union; you absolutely need a union on property. Your management is abusing you guys.

I totally agree....Pilots should never clean the aircraft...Pilots are Pilots, fly the aircraft, period. Cleaners do not require a high school or college education. They can work for any job, Walmart, Burger King,.....but a Pilot is a Professional. Not a busdriver. Not everyone can be a Pilot.

I totally agree....Pilots should never clean the aircraft...Pilots are Pilots, fly the aircraft, period. Cleaners do not require a high school or college education. They can work for any job, Walmart, Burger King,.....but a Pilot is a Professional. Not a busdriver. Not everyone can be a Pilot.

Yeah that's why we need one so we don't have to clean:(
FYI pilots are NOT required to clean while working a flight.
Now if we non rev it is required to help out.
We need a union for many reasons but cleaning is not the top one or even in the same ballpark.

Conflict of interest. (Majors vs. Regionals)
Pay cuts and concessions (see last two ALPO contracts)
1.9% paycut (union dues)
Divided pilot group
Absolute waste of monies (flight pay loss,boozing, and fine dining)
a union buried in lawsuits.....

You still have an 8 Track tape player in your van?

Your rant is old and tired and is desperate compared to our 8th year of 1 step forward 3 steps back at BlueJet.

Latest resources

Back