• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet direct

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work for JD right now. So far all I see is too many chiefs and not enough indians. I understand that things are changing while they get everyone on the same sheet of paper, but if pilots arent happy in a charter company then you have customers. Time will tell. I have made it known if we were going to work harder than flight options and Flex I expected to be paid accordingly, still to this date no change, so Im looking for something else.

Have any of you ever heard "UNION"? I can help if interested.. Been there done that got the TEE shirt and the ribbons. A proud graduate of "George Meny Insitute" Washington DC. Look it up if you are unfamiliar. Union BABY! Get 'er Done!

Last edited:
starting pay for jetcorp (jetdirect) in chesterfield a few months ago was $34K to start as an FO in the Lear 55, if you have more than 2000TT. it was $31K if you didnt. they raised salaries when jetdirect took over. their mins keep changing, seems theyve gone from whatever they felt like at the time, to i think the latest is 2500 TT. they just posted recently on climbto350.com. ive seen the mins differ from location to location, jet to jet. for the SUS job, you get your initial for the 55. im still new to the "whats good" pay scale, but it seemed pretty nice at the time.

id like to say good things, but i got jacked on getting a job there so i wont. ive heard they like to spring the contract on you on the way out the door to school-dont quote me on that.

R

Judging by the number of postings on climbto350 and other job sites, people are being replaced in other positions as well (meaning not just the pilots). People are not happy there, so a union may eventually happen. It did at a lot of other companies. ie. Flex, Net, Flt Optns, etc, etc.... Crap on you people long enough and a union will show up.

all i can say is you are dead on. from what ive picked up, it used to be a great place to go. but things change...sad.

Judging by the number of postings on climbto350 and other job sites, people are being replaced in other positions as well (meaning not just the pilots). People are not happy there, so a union may eventually happen. It did at a lot of other companies. ie. Flex, Net, Flt Optns, etc, etc.... Crap on you people long enough and a union will show up.

Flex does not have a union. It has been tried a few times, but failed very badly. Flex seems to treat its pilots fairly good.

Flex does not have a union. It has been tried a few times, but failed very badly. Flex seems to treat its pilots fairly good.

Charter thread here.

Yeah, the whole, congratulations and welcome here handshake is nice. Oh, by the way, we've got this contract you need to sign...........

Buh-bye.

Charter thread here.

Yeah, the whole, congratulations and welcome here handshake is nice. Oh, by the way, we've got this contract you need to sign...........

Buh-bye.

Well, if you were going to spend $20,000 on someone, would you not like some sort of guaranty that you were going to get your moneys worth? I know I always hear pilots complain about contracts, but put yourself in their shoes. They are not in the business of just handing out type ratings so that someone can take it and go somewhere else after 6 months.

I've been in management and its called honesty. Its not hard to ask the person to give the company a year if given a type rating. There are never and "guaranty's" in aviation. EVER. Except change. If someone isn't going to have the decency of giving a year (unless everything they were told is a farse), then the company hasn't lost anything.

Latest resources

Back