Jet Blue's CFO Just Quit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I just read in today's WSJ (11/9) that Jet Blue's CFO (John Harvey) just quit to pursue "other professional interests." Hmmmmm. I guess working in the airline industry for most of his career (including time at SWA) and then ascending the ranks to CFO of a growing LCC airline wasn't good enough for him. That sounds odd to me because he sounded like an "airline guy" who enjoyed this crazy business...

Is this an ominous sign? What could this mean? First the founder is out. Now the CFO unexpectedly resigns. Any thoughts?????

See below:

JetBlue names Ed Barnes interim CFO

Thu Nov 8, 2007 5:21pm EST

LOS ANGELES, Nov 8 (Reuters) - JetBlue Airways (JBLU.O: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Thursday it had named Ed Barnes interim chief financial officer effective immediately following the resignation of John Harvey, who intends to pursue other professional interests. Barnes has been with the company since last year, most recently as senior vice president of finance and principal accounting officer

Last edited:
It's Still nine chess moves away, but soon it will be clear.

Consolodation is coming and jetBlue will be without a dance partner.

American-British Airways
United-US Airways
Delta-Northwest
Southwest-AirTran-Alaska
Continental-CommutAir-Skybus

jetBlue-???

netjets or jetblue?

Alright guys......netjets or jetblue? I just finished training at jetblue and I interview next week at netjets.......tell me what ya think....

It's Still nine chess moves away, but soon it will be clear.

Consolodation is coming and jetBlue will be without a dance partner.

Continental-CommutAir-Skybus

jetBlue-???

Still mad that Continental shot you down eh?

Sour grapes. Nice unicorn btw, is that from your sticker collection?

Alright guys......netjets or jetblue? I just finished training at jetblue and I interview next week at netjets.......tell me what ya think....

Netjets is by far a safer and better company to work for. Better Pay, No Commute, No crash pad in Lovely Queens, No airport car. FREE HEALTH CARE for the ENTIRE FAMILY! Our owners are much better equiped to ride out higher gas prices that are coming. Yeah you might be flying a small Business jet vs a Mighty E-190 Commuter Jet but does it matter? Maybe to the 27 year old with the Frosted tips hair cut and the Ipod in his ear new Hire at jetblue.

We stay in 4 and 5 star hotels get to keep all the Hotel points and Airline Miles. Taking the Family on vacation by Non reving on any airline is a thing or the past. Just look UAL is thinking about parking 100 jets if fuel goes up.

Oh yeah instead of Overdosing on Blue chips on your next Red eye you can eat a lot healthier here as we can order pretty much what ever we want for food and as many time 4 meals per day.

Last edited:
netjets or jetblue?

I interview next week at Netjets and cant wait. Everything sounds so much better than 121 flying to me. Thanks for your input...

Spent 3 1/2 yrs at NJA...decent place and great pilots.
NJA vs JB day to day job doesnt even compare.
You will be doing allot more at NJA than flying the airplane.
If it's what you like then good on ya.
I couldn't wait to leave.

Fly Safe
C

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back