Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avpro91 said:
Anybody know how firm the 1000 hrs in a/c over 20,000lbs is? I've got over 1000 pic in the Jetstream 32 (16,204lbs) and heard they used to make an exception to this rule for the J32. Just heard that from a friend though. Other than that I meet all the other reqs. Is it worth sending in my stuff?
Indeed this is a requirement to apply. In fact when you fill out the application online, I believe it will kick back to you if you don't meet the minimums. Sorry about that, but due to the fact that there are over 10,000 pilots in the database that do meet the minimums, I doubt that the minimums will be lowered. However, persistence does pay off in this business, so I encourage you to keep at it.

Skirt

Thanks Skirt. Thats too bad. Hopefully this will change sometime, but hey it's all about supply and demand, right!

jetblue320 said:
Thats funny Tony......

You read the part about the trash pickup but you seem to have missed the part about the ATP requirement.

To correctly answer the man's question, I/A/W the web site, an FAA ATP and Class I Medical is required.

But the encouraging words for him/her to go get one were nice (and condescending).

Have a good day!
Well, I tried to be cute, but I obviously missed. Yes, I noticed it says an ATP is a requirement, and even that it states that the Applicant "MUST meet all of the minimum qualifications in order to apply." However, I took a look at the online application and surmised that it would be possible to complete the online application without an ATP, so one "could" apply without the ATP. Of course, that application would not be considered, but ... well, nevermind.

Furthermore, I did not intend to be condescending in advising the poster to go get an ATP. With the hours and experience, it should be little trouble, and it certainly would be an asset in a job search.

I'm sorry if I rubbed up against a nerve.

Thanks for the well wishes. You likewise. :)

I looked at the online application the other day and noticed that all major aicraft were already in the system, however, it had an option for "other" and was wondering if they want all the small cessna time (152/172/182/210)???

It doesn't look like it, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else was including this time???

PS...anyone have an update on the competitive times JB is currently using...Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back