• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Pay is Ok. Cleared 7k last month w/17 days off.
Not trying to start trouble at all I just want to know for my own decision making process. For the record I think JetBlue is a classy operation with a CEO who is the only airline CEO in the country right now willing to try to change things instead of raiding his company for millions of dollars every year. I assume you are a Captain.....7 grand a month equates to 84,000 a year. Is that representative of what a JetBlue Captain will make on average per year? Do you really have to fly your arse off in order to make well over 100,000 a year? I heard that the guys who've been there the longest had a decent schedule making about 160,000 a year (money in the bank, not using 401K).

Again, I am not here to bash on JetBlue or the folks who work there, in fact I smile every time I see one of your 320's go by.

He mentioned he "netted" 7K a month; ie after taxes. With the medical premium deduction ($236), 15% 401K, 10% CSPP (stock purchase), Federal, State, Medicare, yada, yada - he's probably grossing 12K a month.

Just a guess.

stillflyn said:
majordavid,

Apply..... It's not 1000 turbine PIC, just 1000 pic. It used to be turbine but it was changed about 1 1/2 years ago. I'm not sure how the "new" online app is but update as often as you can. (once or twice a month) Most importantly, change the date you can start to two weeks from your update every time. If you dont your profile won't even show up when they are doing a search for apps.

Hope that helps. Sorry about that gun that pointed your way. You must be at Air Wis.
Do you need an ATP to apply there?

(Sadly, I do not have it... and it is wreaking havoc with my job search as my furlough approaches.)

aa73

aa73 said:

(Sadly, I do not have it... and it is wreaking havoc with my job search as my furlough approaches.)

aa73
You don't need one to apply, but you need one to get an interview or get hired.

Why don't you go get one?

;)

aa73 said:

aa73

You're an AA FO and you don't have an ATP???? Heck, can't you do that during your next PC? I'm assuming you couldn't have done it during your last initial?

If you can't do it at the school house, I agree with the previous poster..head out to the airport, get a bit of dual, and knock it out.

TonyC said:
You don't need one to apply, but you need one to get an interview or get hired.

Why don't you go get one?

;)
Thats funny Tony......

You read the part about the trash pickup but you seem to have missed the part about the ATP requirement.

To correctly answer the man's question, I/A/W the web site, an FAA ATP and Class I Medical is required.

But the encouraging words for him/her to go get one were nice (and condescending).

Have a good day!

ultrarunner said:
You're an AA FO and you don't have an ATP???? Heck, can't you do that during your next PC? I'm assuming you couldn't have done it during your last initial?

If you can't do it at the school house, I agree with the previous poster..head out to the airport, get a bit of dual, and knock it out.
Correct. It was not, and still is not, a requirement here at AA.

I'd have to see if it can be done during recurrent... I'm not too sure it can be administered without an FAA designee. (Company check airman may not be able to do it.)

Unfortunately the cheapest price I found for an ATP was to the tune of $900.. which is to say, I'm gonna have to wait.

Anybody know how firm the 1000 hrs in a/c over 20,000lbs is? I've got over 1000 pic in the Jetstream 32 (16,204lbs) and heard they used to make an exception to this rule for the J32. Just heard that from a friend though. Other than that I meet all the other reqs. Is it worth sending in my stuff?

jb320guy said:
There is hope to getting hired without knowing anyone there. I did. You still have to have 3 lor's from people that you have flown with. Those people will get a call and asked the same questions you get at the interview.
Do they call them before or after your interview?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back