• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JET BLUE Weight and Balance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess the plan is to eventually replace the laptops with EFB's, running OPS.

Until that happens I will carry my laptop happily, if the choice is delegating one more function to someone outside my cockpit. I have no control over folks not on my airplane, and the less I have to depend on them, the better.

To put things in perspective, a certain non-sched I used to work for as recently as 2007 used this procedure on the MD11:

Five minutes prior to push the Ops Rep would give three or four different fuel slips to the FO along with a pax count by zone and cargo loads by hold. The FO would then research the empty weight and CG of the aircraft by way of the latest Config Sheet then enter all the information on an 12 x 20 inch load sheet -- being careful to utilize the correct load sheet for the configuration (three possible load sheets.) He would then enter the ZFW, Pax and Cargo Loads and, using a ruler, plot a ZFW CG on a graph. He would then add up the fuel load (converting litres or gallons to lbs using the latest fuel density reading) and calculate a TO weight and then plot a TWCG, again utlizing a ruler, on the chart. He would then pass everything to the captain for his signature and then tear one copy of the load sheet off to hand to the Ops Rep.

Non-sked vs major: miles apart in so many ways.

To put things in perspective, a certain non-sched I used to work for as recently as 2007 used this procedure on the MD11:

Five minutes prior to push the Ops Rep would give three or four different fuel slips to the FO along with a pax count by zone and cargo loads by hold. The FO would then research the empty weight and CG of the aircraft by way of the latest Config Sheet then enter all the information on an 12 x 20 inch load sheet -- being careful to utilize the correct load sheet for the configuration (three possible load sheets.) He would then enter the ZFW, Pax and Cargo Loads and, using a ruler, plot a ZFW CG on a graph. He would then add up the fuel load (converting litres or gallons to lbs using the latest fuel density reading) and calculate a TO weight and then plot a TWCG, again utlizing a ruler, on the chart. He would then pass everything to the captain for his signature and then tear one copy of the load sheet off to hand to the Ops Rep.

Non-sked vs major: miles apart in so many ways.

Yeah, World tends to complicates things.

Last edited:
I too at WN like to use our very own "Etcha Sketch". Like above I like the flexability. Also nicw to just stow it and not to have to take it home.

We are looking at using another median...ie Ipad and it would be a ship W&B tool like WN has in their cockpit. But having issues with Ipad compatibility with JetBlue systems.

Latest resources

Back