jet blue salary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FYI,

I cleaned the forward lav the other day. Wiped everything down, emptied the waste, replaced the paper, etc. The only hard part was getting a big glob out of the bowl.

"I was just fixin' ta ask... do you help the guy that services the lavs, or the fueler that fuels your airplane, or the baggage handler that's loading grandma's bags, or the mechanic that's servicing the hydraulics? After all, these are all employees, and you shouldn't treat them any worse than you would want to be treated. Why should Flight Attendants get extra help from pilots, but not baggage handlers, mechanics, and the blue-armed guys?"

Tony C.,

If it was something that needed to be done, I was properly trained and had the appropriate clothing to do it, then YES I would be glad to help these guys out. It is NOT below me. The FA's get additional help when I am able because we are a team and someone said I had to be the quarterback. As such, I find that it greatly improves the teamwork concept and helps to turn a A320 in 35 minutes.

Labbats,

I'm sorry for calling you a punk. However, I am not sorry for defending my actions in the airplane as it really isn't any of your concern. If I every do clean a lav or pick up another headset wrapper, it will not alter the course of your aviation career. Your initial post was an attack on any pilot that chooses to help others to "get the job done". I didn't appreciate it.

waazzuuuup,

Thanks for noticing.

Biatch,

I can't even imagine being stuck in a cockpit with you, let alone a 74 on a very long haul. You claim "I do not question you'r work ethics", however that's all you've been doing this entire thread...... You MUST be able to come up with ONE thing NICE to say about JetBlue and it's pilots or even just ONE nice thing to say period.

Now, I'm really done.

Actually all business matters aside, I am a ball to fly with....I have endless stories and a pretty good sence of HUMOR...you should hear me do THE DICE MAN...you will die...I also have large cappacity tank for cold BEER. Dont get me wrong, I'm sure that there is a silent majority of good people at JB. Unfortunatelly, I have experienced a few bad apples that have left a lasting mark..

By the way, you'r AVATAR is one UGLY BATCHHH!!!!!

I was just fixin' ta ask... do you help the guy that services the lavs, or the fueler that fuels your airplane, or the baggage handler that's loading grandma's bags, or the mechanic that's servicing the hydraulics? After all, these are all employees, and you shouldn't treat them any worse than you would want to be treated. Why should Flight Attendants get extra help from pilots, but not baggage handlers, mechanics, and the blue-armed guys?
:D

I knew there had to have been a reason to make em wear the blue shirts versus the white "airline" shirts.:D I guess they don't get as dirty?

side stick-n,

I like your p!ss poor attitude directed towards a low time CFI, you are a piece of work you **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ing fool...

3 5 0

actually, i think the blue shirts are designed to brand their pilots. pax will know all the time what airline they work for when seen in the terminal. obviously, it could be a double edge sword, but i imagine that is why they go to such great lengths in hiring their people because they are trying to brand themselves as the "starbucks" of the airline industry.

white shirts would make 'em look like the avg pilot...who can act like an arse in public and not be held accountable. another smart move by management! also, no ring around the collar!

Go figure, I apologize for calling Labbats a punk, so I have a piss poor attitude and am a %&$ing fool. 350Driver, you don't have a clue.....

Eagleflip said:
Tony--I replied to your post because it was one of the more cogent thoughts on the board. As both of us have seen, chastizing a board member because of his/her "poor attitude" rarely leads anywhere except toward more inflammatory remarks, taunting, passing gas in the opponent's general direction, and assorted tawdriness.
I suppose I can understand that rationale. Apparently, though, side stick-n has defied the odds and offered Labbats an apology for calling him a punk.

Eagleflip said:
To answer the other question as to whether helping to clean the aircraft is required, no, it is not. Is it expected? Yeah, probably by now it is, most of our FAs are used to the pilots helping out. It is a rarity for a flight crew not to help out in back in one way or another.

All I really want from my little contribution is a "thank you" from the FAs, but alas...those comments seem to be coming fewer and further apart. Perhaps we all simply need to be reminded that as a small airline, we (the crewmembers) are certainly in it together.
I have a feeling that the well-intentioned practice of pilots cleaning the cabin is an example of how many more practices will evolve in the future. It starts out with everybody feeling good about helping out, it slowly becomes something that people expect, and before long, a pilot will choose to NOT help clean, and things will get ugly. Along the same lines, employees trust management, management gives employees no reason to mistrust, then one day management needs to take some hide out of the crewforce - - honeymoon over.

I may be wrong. We may be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. History says I'm not. BUT, history can be changed, right?

Eagleflip said:
But I'd still like to hear a "thanks" now and again!;)
Thanks for the candid admission. ;)

side stick-n said:
If it was something that needed to be done, I was properly trained and had the appropriate clothing to do it, then YES I would be glad to help these guys out. It is NOT below me. The FA's get additional help when I am able because we are a team and someone said I had to be the quarterback. As such, I find that it greatly improves the teamwork concept and helps to turn a A320 in 35 minutes.
Hiring aircraft cleaners would also help turn a A-320 in 35 minutes, but why hire aircraft cleaners, right? Aircraft cleaners don't deserve jobs, they don't have families to support, and they don't have feelings.

I'm being faceitious, but you have to admit there's another side to that story. It appears to outside observers that the good will of the pilots is being taken advantage of (pardon the poor sentence structure). I predict that there will come a day when even JetBlue pilots will refuse, by and large, to do the jobs of aircraft cleaners.

fredflyer said:
Tony, while you talk about the guy who "lowered the bar" in post #3, you seemed to have completely overlooked post #2, which is where the "bad attitude" posting started. Why aren't you chastising the guy who started the mud slinging? Everyone seems to hone in on the JB guys "attitudes", but it seems like most of the time they are just responding to someone else's negativity towards JB.
The reason I overlooked post #2, which is nothing more than a common poke at the practice of pilots cleaning cabins, is it does not rise to the level of obnoxiousness as the first JetBlue contribution to the thread.
Labbats observed, and it appears that his observation was accurate, that Captains are EXPECTED to clean the cabin. Side stick-n responded by belittling labbats for his "long list of advanced aircraft" and called him a name.

Now, while I find the tone of his response offensive, I don't think side stick-n's post is representative of the majority of JetBlue pilots' attitudes - - I've heard on the whole they're nice guys, even if somewhat misguided ;) . Side stick-n did NOT come off in that post as a nice guy by any stretch of the imagination. He's backed off from that by apologizing for his name-calling, but that's how, in my opinion, it got started.

"Labbats observed, and it appears that his observation was accurate, that Captains are EXPECTED to clean the cabin".

Nowhere does it say and no one from the Co. has ever said, that the pilots, neither CA or FO, are expected, required or requested to clean. Surprisingly then, that most do help the F/A's. Perhaps it is that whole "team spirit" thing. I think the same takes place at SWA, but do not work there, so cannot say for sure.

As far as hiring cleaners, jetblue does indeed have cleaners, but mostly used on airplanes that flies routes that are longer, hence more clean up to do. Cleaners also are called, whenever you have the "turbulence induced stomach ailment".

Sometimes I truly wonder about this board..........................

Hiring aircraft cleaners would also help turn a A-320 in 35 minutes, but why hire aircraft cleaners, right? Aircraft cleaners don't deserve jobs, they don't have families to support, and they don't have feelings.
Tony,

Your words, not mine. Yes, cleaners would also help turn a flight but the idea is to operate with low cost. There is nowhere in the pilot contract or the FOM that "requires" any pilot to do anything other than be a pilot. Nor has anyone ever been reprimanded for NOT cleaning. The job IS listed in the FAM and IS part of their job description. The fact that we help or not is OUR choice. Therefore, Labbats observation was 100% inaccurate as it is NOT expected but incouraged through a teamwork attitude.

You're right Tony, I didn't come across as being very nice when in fact I am. I don't believe for one second that Labbats is ignorant to this industry and knew exactly what he was doing; getting in another flame about JetBlue pilots helping to clean an airplane. It was bait and I took it. This thread was started by a person wanting to know what the pay scale was like. The FIRST reply had nothing to do with the pay scale 5 years down the road but set the stage for a reply like I gave; one that was written in haste and with a lot of resentment for the constant badgering that JetBlue pilots take on this board. I agree that the name calling was out of place but I won't appologize for defending something I believe in.

Have a nice evening.

Dizel8 said:
Nowhere does it say and no one from the Co. has ever said, that the pilots, neither CA or FO, are expected, required or requested to clean.

emphasis added
side stick-n said:
Therefore, Labbats observation was 100% inaccurate as it is NOT expected but incouraged through a teamwork attitude.[sic]
Eagleflip said:
Is it expected? Yeah, probably by now it is, most of our FAs are used to the pilots helping out. It is a rarity for a flight crew not to help out in back in one way or another. ... All I really want from my little contribution is a "thank you" from the FAs, but alas...those comments seem to be coming fewer and further apart.
I'll let y'all settle it amongst yourselves.

:confused:

Hey, apology accepted. I was a bit out of line myself. Let's all realize we're on the same side of the cabin door. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back