• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go look what Delta and SW were giving for bennies after 11 years of business.

I couldn't care less what Delta and SW had when they were 11 yrs old. I care a lot more what they had when they had 2300 pilots and 160+ airplanes. The "JB is only XX yrs old" argument is bass ackward. The rapid growth that *we helped create* is held against us, while ignoring the fact that we're now a major airline, not a startup.

Thanks for the info.
Another few questions because I am trying to avoid what I went through at the regional I came from.
How is compensation? I see the info on line and I get it but I am curious to know what take home pay is really.
If things are getting bad there ie less time off then is this latest hiring boom liable to improve that or are they going to run on fumes?
An oh yes. What about ready reserve how often? How long are shifts for that and also for reserve. Commutable trips?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.
Another few questions because I am trying to avoid what I went through at the regional I came from.
How is compensation? I see the info on line and I get it but I am curious to know what take home pay is really.
If things are getting bad there ie less time off then is this latest hiring boom liable to improve that or are they going to run on fumes?
An oh yes. What about ready reserve how often? How long are shifts for that and also for reserve. Commutable trips?

Thanks.

Compensation is easy, 75 X whatever new hire pay happens to be, simple as that. Once you get a line figure at least in the mid 80's credit plus some extra perdiem.

I average about 14 to 16 days off a month and work a lot of hours, If you want more days off and less credit it's definitely possible.

No such thing as ready reserve, it was removed from the latest FSM. Trip mix depends on airplane and base. It seems that the bus has more commutable trips, especially on the back end due to all of the redeyes. I get all trips at least one end commutable, some both. For reference I'm about halfway up the 320 FO list in JFK so I'm not very senior.

Not sure how this is happening. Looking at the build up lines (forget the JB name for them), but both the 190 and 320 lines all had 14-17 days off. These are all the trips nobody wanted, so it can't be that bad. A lot of the 320 trips looked commutable on both ends and it seemed like half of the 190 trips were commutable of both ends and the other half were commutable on at least one end. This is in JFK, your base might be different.
Yes improvements must be made. No we don't have SW or Delta's benefit package (yet), but the company is also 11 years old. Go look what Delta and SW were giving for bennies after 11 years of business. ALPA or not, our QOL will improve.
Be as pro-alpa all ya want, but relax before you give yourself a heart attack.

Ok, you are brand new, I'm goin to give you a little space. I'll preface this, I'm fairly new but some stuff you are putting out just isn't accurate. Build ups are created with trips that are left over in the bidding process because the system could not build a trip with enough block to meet the bid denominator. Most build ups are lower credit thus have more days off. Line holders average anywhere between 12 and 20+ days off depending on the bid denominator and productivity of the trips.

For the record, I do love this place and am treated well. There are some things tha could be changed... It's better then my previous regional by leaps an bounds, especiall financially. I can't speak to whether it is better or worse then a major, I've never worked at one.

For the record, I do love this place and am treated well. There are some things tha could be changed... It's better then my previous regional by leaps an bounds, especiall financially. I can't speak to whether it is better or worse then a major, I've never worked at one.

You are a poster child for the ideal pilot candidate. Its either, #1 hey this is better than Mesa or #2 I'm straight out of the military and the pay is pretty good when you add in my military retirement.

It's better then my previous regional by leaps an bounds, especiall financially. I can't speak to whether it is better or worse then a major, I've never worked at one.

*facepalm* You're *at* a major. This is supposed to be a career destination airline. Please expect suitable treatment. "Better than my previous regional" just isn't good enough. Sure, when you're new it feels great for a year or three, then reality sets in that this is it, this is the last stop, so you'd better make it a good one. Think about what conditions are going to be like 5, 10, 20 or more years down the road and act accordingly. Nobody wants bad things to happen (disability, medical issues, mergers, violations) but one or more of these things is likely to happen to you or someone you care about sometime in your career. Better have a plan in mind. Hint: hope is not a plan.

I agree, he sounds like a guy that'll complain about a free lunch..........and the PBS software has too many parameters......It's confusing him......
Good place to work, very happy.

Well genius, the folks in seniority range all get 12 days off with commutable on both ends. I can get 15-16 days off with non-commutable trips. You are a big talker sitting behind your computer, I doubt you would have the balls to talk like that to my face. Enjoy your super regional job. It's a temporary job not a career thanks to clowns like you.

I couldn't care less what Delta and SW had when they were 11 yrs old. I care a lot more what they had when they had 2300 pilots and 160+ airplanes. The "JB is only XX yrs old" argument is bass ackward. The rapid growth that *we helped create* is held against us, while ignoring the fact that we're now a major airline, not a startup.

How did you help create the growth? By being hired?

I like JB. And I'm not commenting on unions, just that your comment didn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back