• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue open house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't make the April 19th open house. I'm curious if anyone knows of the next one in the works, if there is one.
Thanks.

We're pretty short pilots and from my understanding we are getting a lot of good applicants from these open houses. I think you can figure on one a month for a little while. There are rumors floating around we may pause hiring in July though.

I can't make the April 19th open house. I'm curious if anyone knows of the next one in the works, if there is one.

May 12th.

Honestly , Who really cares what IMUS says or wants to say!

I don't think many of us really cares, what IMUS used to say or still wants to say!

Let's talk about JetBlue!

I just interviewed last week and the word that was given is that the long call will be 14 hours and the short call will stay at 2....FWIW.

Reserve is getting fixed... there will be long and short call and bidding for check in and check out times as well. But many forget that reserve has historically sucked at any carrier. Everyone will have long and short call as part of their month... non seniority based. The factual rumor says that half of your reserve days will be long call and half short call. But based on a 4 day minimum. If you have 4 or more days on reserve then the first half will be long call and the second half short call. Then seniority based bidding for check in and check out times. If you have less than 4 days on reserve then it's all short call. This will make reserve much better and I would even consider bidding for reserve some months to be home more...

Even w/ the good changes coming I'm sure Lake Alice will find some angle to whine about it......

Tail

I live in NYC (20 mins from JFK!) and will have no problem sitting short call reserve forever!

Looking forward to Jun/July when I can reapply... hope they are still hiring!

Always
Motch

Ask the Airways guys if their short/long call system ever worked the way it should have. With our scheduling department... well we can hope.

May 12th.

Fedex your pee to the training center in MCO and I think you are in.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

........notwithstanding ...... the dynamics of opening a MCO base in January,

when did you hear that? another east coast base? and the second in FL?

Yep, MCO coming end of this year, early next. A very reliable rumor this time. NOW ... whether it's a 320 or 190 base ... that is another story.

Ask the Airways guys if their short/long call system ever worked the way it should have. With our scheduling department... well we can hope.

Every US Airways dude in my class has nothing but bad things to say about a long call / short call system. WTF? I thought we were getting an improvement.

Latest resources

Back