• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue E190 First Cities Announced

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Enjoy the ride Blue koolaid drinkers......

Everybody else will make less and Dave Bushy and gang will be knocking on the door for help when you guys turn red ink while the fuek is high....

How's the debt servicing on all of those planes you are getting by the way??

Just checking....those JFK-BOS 25 dollar fares oughta suck up the slack........but then again, you have TV in all of the seats so everybody should look the other way

Just my 02. cents...

it's very doubtful that the new JFK-BOS will have any effect on DL or U's shuttle service. The Who's Who of Wall St. and Madison Ave. that depend on the Shuttle don't buy tickets based on price.

But I'm sure the other new services will do quite well though.
-aspire

Patriot328 said:
I hate to pull the whole business traveler card crap, but with US and DAL's FF programs and the fact that most business traveler's tickets are picked up by their companies, along with LGA and EWR are still more convenient to the City than JFK, most business travelers will stick to the other carriers rather than JB. That being said, JB WILL pull some travelers (leisure) from the other carriers, and that itself will not be good (for DAL and US).
I disagree totally. It's about $ these days, not what works best. Travel budgets have been slashed throughout the business world because of the economy. To think that JB is only going to get a few xtra leisure travelers is nuts. How many analysts, pilots, know-it-alls said the same thing about SWA when they started using some of the airports they go to. Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. Don't kid yourself, this is going to hurt the other airlines. I will say that the other airlines will get retention because of their FF programs, but with JB expanding, any rentention realized will be gone with-in a year or 6 months of another major expansion.

SpeedBird said:
Isn't that the inherent nature of a seniority-based system?
So, seniority means huge inequity and in-groups?

Not at the democratically elected group I came from. If you you were cheating, you got crusified.

So, what I think you're saying is that, in a seniority system, those in the in-group can impose whatever pay and scheduling system they like.

For instance: you could pay straight pay to 65 hours, time and a half over 75, and double time over 85 - block time or credit time, it doesn't matter.

This would STILL be a seniority system. The difference would be how the rules were decided. It's all where you draw the line and whether or not the line is considered fair by a majority.

Seniority is fine...when you have a system that EVERYONE is fine with.

Last edited:
aspire said:
Just my 02. cents...

it's very doubtful that the new JFK-BOS will have any effect on DL or U's shuttle service. The Who's Who of Wall St. and Madison Ave. that depend on the Shuttle don't buy tickets based on price.

But I'm sure the other new services will do quite well though.
-aspire
The Who's Who don't buy tickets at all! They have their own planes and Frac shares.

HawkerF/O said:
I will say that the other airlines will get retention because of their FF programs, but with JB expanding, any rentention realized will be gone with-in a year or 6 months of another major expansion.

So you are saying business people are going to dump their legacy carriers and frequent flyer programs and give up free tickets to nearly any place on the planet so they can travel cheap on jetblue?

Until jb goes through several expansions to more interesting places, the answer to that question is some yes, most no.

ShadesofBS,

Just curious, where did you come from and did that place have a seniority system? Secondly, as to ingroups, every airline has them,unfortunately, but they are not necessarily related to seniority.

As for a seniority system everyone is fine with, not sure that exist. The junior guy is always going to feel ire, having to work weekends and the graveyard shift, while the senior guy enjoys a better QOL, however, junior guys get to be senior and I suppose that is the whole point of a seniority system.

Last edited:
BILL LUMBERG said:
Enjoy the ride Blue koolaid drinkers......

Everybody else will make less and Dave Bushy and gang will be knocking on the door for help when you guys turn red ink while the fuek is high....

How's the debt servicing on all of those planes you are getting by the way??

Just checking....those JFK-BOS 25 dollar fares oughta suck up the slack........but then again, you have TV in all of the seats so everybody should look the other way

Was there a coherent point I missed in that tirade?

So, seniority means huge inequity and in-groups?

Not at the democratically elected group I came from. If you you were cheating, you got crusified.

So, what I think you're saying is that, in a seniority system, those in the in-group can impose whatever pay and scheduling system they like.

For instance: you could pay straight pay to 65 hours, time and a half over 75, and double time over 85 - block time or credit time, it doesn't matter.

This would STILL be a seniority system. The difference would be how the rules were decided. It's all where you draw the line and whether or not the line is considered fair by a majority.

Seniority is fine...when you have a system that EVERYONE is fine with.

What?

Latest resources

Back