• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Jet Blue Contract

bravodude

Total Time
I'm curious about the Jet Blue contract. I hear there is a two year non compete clause - is this true? Who is considered a competetor? What happens if you leave for another carrier?

Thanks

J32driver

Strokin it...
Total Time
8000+
I would like to direct you to the "SEARCH" button. Its located in between "New Posts" and "Quicklinks" on the blue bar overhead.

Inspector 12

Total Time
I think it only pertains to those who go back to there previous 121 company. Such as furloughed pilots... Have many furloughed people left to go back to there previous jobs?

Hose A. Jiminez

Total Time
no mas
J32driver said:
I would like to direct you to the "SEARCH" button. Its located in between "New Posts" and "Quicklinks" on the blue bar overhead.
tool--

FNG320

Total Time
7000+
Some have left.

Inspector 12 said:
I think it only pertains to those who go back to there previous 121 company. Such as furloughed pilots... Have many furloughed people left to go back to there previous jobs?
From what I have been told, CYS Mon is wrong. We have had at least one pilot go bac to Continental. Plus several who have left to go to SWA, UPS and FEDEX as new hires. Plus a couple that have just quit to go to other jobs/non flying. I have not heard of a single pilot going back to any other carrier. We have lots of guys from the USAir, United, plus some from American, TWA, AirTran, AWA, et all, plus the military, corporate and commuters. But would not expect any of them to go back to their prior company.

As for the non-comp part, I'd have to go back and read it again to get the real scope of what it says.

FNG

J32driver

Strokin it...
Total Time
8000+
Hose A. Jiminez said:
I just read a LONG thread on this very subject not more than a week ago. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

klhoard

Total Time
32000+
FNG320 said:
. . .<snip>. .
As for the non-comp part, I'd have to go back and read it again to get the real scope of what it says.

FNG
They can fly for other carriers, but janitorial duties are strictly forbidden . . . . .

Phaedrus

Total Time
GMT
"I just read a LONG thread on this very subject not more than a week ago. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON."

So? Use the "I don't have to read this thread function" located in your cranium somewhere between the autonomic nervous system hub and free will.
Even if you are sick and tired of the same old questions and threads you don't have to be what Hose A. said.

J32driver

Strokin it...
Total Time
8000+
Phaedrus said:
"I just read a LONG thread on this very subject not more than a week ago. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON."

So? Use the "I don't have to read this thread function" located in your cranium somewhere between the autonomic nervous system hub and free will.
Even if you are sick and tired of the same old questions and threads you don't have to be what Hose A. said.
I actually didn't do it to be a tool. The other thread contained accurate and very specific information. Information that I so far haven't seen posted in this thread. SO... if he were to find the "old" thread... he would be better off! Sometimes a teacher has to kick his student in the butt to make him a better student. Besides... its the interweb... get over it.

Diesel-9

Total Time
Flew a trip last month with an F/O that flew for JetBlue while furloughed. He came back when recalled. Said company was good at making people feel good. Not so good comments on pay, workrules (lack of) days off. Came back when first recalled.

Hose A. Jiminez

Total Time
no mas
J32driver said:
Then next time dont say it like such a tool.

IB6 UB9

I don't Remember
Total Time
10000+
Diesel-9 said:
Flew a trip last month with an F/O that flew for JetBlue while furloughed. He came back when recalled. Said company was good at making people feel good. Not so good comments on pay, workrules (lack of) days off. Came back when first recalled.
Probably got tired of taking shat while jumpseating on his old carrier. He may jump out of a window in the coming months.

Pilotbob3

Total Time
16000+
IB6 UB9 said:
Probably got tired of taking shat while jumpseating on his old carrier. He may jump out of a window in the coming months.
wow...possibly commiting suicide because he left jetblue???? please........

Diesel-9

Total Time
He couldn't imagine staying their for a career he said. I won't go into details on some of the things he said about the operation. I don't give s**t to anyone from any carrier because of where they work and he didn't say he received any either. I do ask some questions at times. Amazed at the lack of knowledge some have on working conditions/pay at other places of employment.

Last edited:

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
Diesel-9 said:
I don't give s**t to anyone from any carrier because of where they work...
Diesel-9 said:
Same response I get from Jet Blue and other LCC XCM's when I ask them why they are willing to work for low wages and such lousy work rules. .
So you do give them sh#t!

Diesel-9 said:
I won't go into details on some of the things he said about the operation.
Please do, I am sure many of us would like to hear, what he said about the "operation"!

Last edited:

Capn Mike

Total Time
8000+
Diesel-9 said:
Is this F/O in the 400 announced to be furloughed in the very near future? I hope not. Been there and done that. Best wishes for all of them.

Mike

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Total Time
Diesel-9 said:
I don't give s**t to anyone from any carrier because of where they work
NWA is the absolute WORST about giving "s**t to anyone from any carrier because of where they work." If you work for ANY LCC, be prepared to answer questions about "why you are willing to work for such low wages and lousy work rules". And that is from the nice ones. The A-holes just give you s**t.

(From when where I worked was considered the carrier that was dragging down the industry.)

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
Capn Mike said:
Is this F/O in the 400 announced to be furloughed in the very near future?
Sounds like he might be, unless he had deferred! Oh well, sounds like he IS better off after all, right?

Capn Mike

Total Time
8000+
I heard about a SWA Captain that was furloughed from US Air in the early 90's who left SWA to go back to US Air when he was recalled. I am pretty sure that he is furloghed once again.

I guess it is easier to be a monday morning quarterback at times.

Mike