Jet Blue Called!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
shagadelic said:
Not to change the subject....but in Sacramento the other night, we were running late and had a short overnight to begin with. The van driver said "sorry, but we have to wait for 2 JBlue pilots." We said where are they? He said they landed about 45 minutes ago and should be along any minute. He said the Jblue guys always take about 45 minutes. We waited 20 minutes and finally said this is BS, especially since there was 2 vans there. He finally took us and another SWA crew.

My question is, what in the heck do you guys do when you terminate an aircraft? I do a 5 minute walk-around while the captain shuts it down and we leave. Not trying to toss stones, just generally interested in what takes so long...or was this just an isolated incident? Thanks.

They were searching the surrounding vending machines for leftover change... Just kidding.

11.000 hours
3 type ratings
Check engineer
more than 1000 hrs turbine pic
Application on file for 2 years (update every 3 months or do)

WHY WONT THEY CALL!

Last edited:
I just checked and both of the SMF flights were late that night. Maybe the van driver had, shall we say, incomplete information?

countryflyer,

Just wondering how often you were updating your info. Were you also updating your cut-and-paste resume at the same time?

Congrats,

-PB

jointops said:
Tom,

Wait a minute on the rollerskates call! Otherwise the leather jackets may be at the 5 year point.

Happy landings,

Hi Stacey,

Good to have you back. I'd rather not have the jacket as it gets pretty dirty scrubbing the lavs.;)

See Ya,

Counselair

We are typically ready get out of there and have a beer; the last time I hung out in the SMF bar with jetblue they seemed to be the same way ;) .

I hope to see you there, just not on club or Karioke (sp?) night. You don't want to hear me sing and no one wants to see me dance.:D

See Ya,

Counselair

RON or Turning ??

If the plane is an RON, then once the customers are on their way, then we can just leave, but usually I like to hand the aircraft off to our tech opps guys and explain any write-ups.

If the plane is turning, then the inflight crewmembers start picking up while the customers are still deplaning, I stay up front and take responsibilty for the landing and say goodby to the customers. Once the customers are off, the actual lav cleaners come onboard [the real ones], I pull my luggage out of the cockpit to make room for the next crew's stuff.

Then I go back and assist with the few remaining rows of seats that may need the belts crossed on. I trip over the gate agents who are vacuuming on my way back to the front of the plane, and hand off the plane to the incoming crew, with ride reports, write-ups etc.

Time elapsed?? about 20 minutes. Then we 'circle the wagons' and head up the jetway.

If the van driver has our ACTUAL touchdown time, then 30-40 minutes is about right, but what about waiting for a gate, headwinds, departure delays, vs scheduled arrival time etc. etc.etc.???

Have you ever watched and waited for a family of four or five with all the kids and bags, and bags, and bottles, and bags, while they 'break camp' and move out?? This alone can take 20 minutes!!

Hint: the Van Drivers have no clue.

BTW you can almost count on an hour from touchdown to outside sidewalk at IAD, with the one mile walk and the often not working 'moving' sidewalk. Then the van is never there anyway.

Just life in the 'fast lane'.

By the way, as of January at least, the documents were uneditable "locked" pdf documents, regardless of the version of Adobe. Very frustrating. The old homework documents were in word format, but people were gooning up some of the official legal documents. That's why the homework is painful. Good luck next month!

Why would a guy leave JetBlue? A UPS friend of mine said they have a new hire from jet blue starting class there. Guess the blue kool aid isn't all it's cracked up to be?

Latest resources

Back