• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talking to one of the instructors that does interviews and he was saying 60 new hires per month in 2006.
JB University will be busting at the seams to keep up with training.

19 EMB's and 19 AB 320's to be delivered next year. 1 plane delivery less than 10 days.
(Where have I heard turbo growth before?)

Somewhere between 87-92 planes on property and 1200-1250 pilots on the senority list at the end of the year.

Rumored bases mentioned are BOS, IAD, MCO and OAK.

For those interviewing, ask the panel in the Q and A about hiring numbers, new bases, plane deliveries and new cities.

Last edited:
k9nole said:
For those interviewing, ask the panel in the Q and A about hiring numbers, new bases, plane deliveries and new cities.

Yeah, and then report back here immediately with the scoop cause you guys get all the good info well before the guys/gals in the company actually do!!!

Jetjockey said:
Do they call for an interview, or email? If it is a call, would they call from NY, or FL?

Got the call last week. It was an actual phone call from Salt Lake City. Interview is still in JFK though.

What is the shortest notice that anyone has gotten for an interview? I was hoping for a call for the January interviews but nothing yet. Just want to know how long to hold my breath before giving up hope.

Helmsmen

Helmsmen said:
What is the shortest notice that anyone has gotten for an interview? I was hoping for a call for the January interviews but nothing yet. Just want to know how long to hold my breath before giving up hope.

Helmsmen

I think the Jan 12 class is the next one. If you want to get ahead, assume you're getting that one. As mentioned, I got the call for that last week. They sent me some "homework" to do that has to be in by Dec 22 so I don't think they can crunch you too much. Just a guess.

Curiosity: Did you go to the November job fair in Atlanta? I was told they do a lot of hiring from those. I did have my on-line app done long before that. Who knows which one actually got me the call.

I went to the ATL job fair also. The Captains that I talked with both said they look at how often your online app was being updated. I suppose those who are really interested update pretty often. When I got the SLC call, I had just over a week to do all of the homework and get in sent in. Just got the email saying they have everything and it will all be ready for Jan!

ATR-DRIVR said:
I went to the ATL job fair also. The Captains that I talked with both said they look at how often your online app was being updated. I suppose those who are really interested update pretty often. When I got the SLC call, I had just over a week to do all of the homework and get in sent in. Just got the email saying they have everything and it will all be ready for Jan!

Congrats on the interview hope you can get the he!! out of here

Me too! Lot's of excellent competition out there and some don't make it past phase one for all different reasons. I am keeping the faith though for sure!

I have not gone to an Airinc job fair since April. As for updating the way the application is set up now you can only update your hours every several thousand. I get on an update my availability periodicaly. I interviewed in October of 2003 and have been on file again since April of this year. (got side-tracked) I think beccause I didn't pass phase II back in 03 they may not be disposed to interview me again.

Who knows;

Helsmsmen

Latest resources

Back