• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue benefits, healthcare cost?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who cares? It's just a matter of time. Thanks to Barry Obama, we'll all be standing in lines outside our local hospitals praying that at least one bed is left unoccupied. JB won't subidize you as their healthcare costs escalate - it will just be easier to pay the fine and let everyone roll-off onto the Government list (watch out for the DEATH PANELS!). There won't be any more waivers (like the one McDonalds and Boeing just got) left. But at least Obama supports the unions....

Have fun with that...

Don't know about you, but under Obama I've gotten 2 very good jobs during and after the recession.

Under the last president I lost 2 jobs.... Oh and the economy went in the absolute tank...

Never understood why most pilots are die hard against Obama/ democrats? Seems the airline industry typically does better under democrats...

Bush I....gulf war, furloughs, no jobs, needed thousands of hours just to get into a puddle jumping regional.

Clinton..... Lots of mainline hiring, no furloughs?,

Bush II....need I say more?

Obama..... Slowly coming back..for me it's been outstanding.

I don't talk or care about politics, but just looking at recent 25 yr history tells me the airline industry works better with a democrat in office.... Just an observation

Don't know about you, but under Obama I've gotten 2 very good jobs during and after the recession.

Under the last president I lost 2 jobs.... Oh and the economy went in the absolute tank...

Never understood why most pilots are die hard against Obama/ democrats? Seems the airline industry typically does better under democrats...

Bush I....gulf war, furloughs, no jobs, needed thousands of hours just to get into a puddle jumping regional.

Clinton..... Lots of mainline hiring, no furloughs?,

Bush II....need I say more?

Obama..... Slowly coming back..for me it's been outstanding.

I don't talk or care about politics, but just looking at recent 25 yr history tells me the airline industry works better with a democrat in office.... Just an observation

Did it occur to you that effects of policies generally lag about a term behind a president?

Example, assume a republican wins in 2016. Are you going to blame him for the horrendous detrimental effects of Obamacare, which will most likely be felt in full effect by then? On the other hand, in the unlikely event that Obamacare turns out to be a panacea, and THOSE effects are felt in 2017, does said republican candidate get the credit?

Oh, and let's not forget that in the Clinton years, he had a Republican Congress.

Did it occur to you that effects of policies generally lag about a term behind a president?

Example, assume a republican wins in 2016. Are you going to blame him for the horrendous detrimental effects of Obamacare, which will most likely be felt in full effect by then? On the other hand, in the unlikely event that Obamacare turns out to be a panacea, and THOSE effects are felt in 2017, does said republican candidate get the credit?

Oh, and let's not forget that in the Clinton years, he had a Republican Congress.

Typical. Everything that happens good during a democrat president is left over republican policies. Everything that happens bad during a democrat president is is his fault... Balance dude, find even just a small amount.

Typical. Everything that happens good during a democrat president is left over republican policies. Everything that happens bad during a democrat president is is his fault... Balance dude, find even just a small amount.

Oh yeah, libs are REAL balanced. You're NEVER biased against repub ideas.

LOL keep the jokes comin man.

I started reading this thread and thought that the initial responses were from someone that was truly brain dead... Then i realized that this thread was three years old.. AAAHHH the good ole days when our health care still sucked compared to our peers but at least you wouldnt go bankrupt if your kid needed an operation..

Oh yeah, libs are REAL balanced. You're NEVER biased against repub ideas.

LOL keep the jokes comin man.

Of course libs are biased as well. But your basic premise that everything good that happens under a dem president is the after effect of the last republican is ridiculous.

Of course libs are biased as well. But your basic premise that everything good that happens under a dem president is the after effect of the last republican is ridiculous.

Why not? Obama does it. He's spent the last 6 years blaming Bush for literally everything short of the sky being blue.

so from the regional airline I work for now?.my health costs will more than double? Okay, got it. Take a pay cut for two years-four if you count the difference in medical costs. Perfect. Those of you arguing national healthcare policy?..start a new thread please. Its an important issue, but not what this thread is for.

You resurrected a 3 year old thread to tell people to start a new thread?

Seriously?

Bush Sr. supporters never gave any of the praise to Clinton for either of his two terms.
Consistency in U.S. politics I guess is the only good thing we all can agree on.

Why not? Obama does it. He's spent the last 6 years blaming Bush for literally everything short of the sky being blue.

So was he right or wrong to do that, and do you hold your party to the same standard or do you give them a free pass on this same issue?

And I thought you just said the after affects of a presidency are felt well into the next presidents term. So again, was Obama wrong to say this was left over bush? Or do you only use that argument when it is politically convenient for you?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back