Jet Blue Aircraft and Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IslandDriver

If hired by JetBlue how do they do aircraft assignments? Do you get to pick or do they pick for you.

I am wondering what the possibility of getting the Bus as a new hire.

Also wondering how junior the bus is in BOS.

As you can tell my big question is can you hold a Boston slot on the Bus out of training?

ID

Islanddriver,

It depends on how many guys are in the pool and what a/c they pick. Generally, you get to choose what aircraft you want, however due to the fact that the 190 guys are paid less, and the QOL on the bus is better, there usually are not too many openings on the bus. BOS is fairly junior, and i know their have been some new hires getting it within a month.

Good luck...

If hired by JetBlue how do they do aircraft assignments? Do you get to pick or do they pick for you.

I am wondering what the possibility of getting the Bus as a new hire.

Also wondering how junior the bus is in BOS.

As you can tell my big question is can you hold a Boston slot on the Bus out of training?

ID

Most classes are a mix of 320/190. You are slotted by age and most people want the 320 so if your old your in better shape.

Right now you won't get the 320 Bos out of training but you should get it in about 6 months. A lot of guys have gotten the 190 Bos right out of training or within a month or so.

So, the answer to you question is no. But what is 6 months and Bos/JFK is about as easy as it gets while you wait. -Bean

First year pay is the same on either a/c. If you want BOS you will get it quick. Worst case senario you would be stuck in JFK for 3 months. In all actuality though you will probably get Boston much quicker than that.

320 scheduels are better though, so if you can get it take it over the 190.

*I apologize for my crummy spelling

Thanks for the insite on the bases. So you have to wait till class to find out which airframe?

Thanks again....

Most classes are a mix of 320/190. You are slotted by age and most people want the 320 so if your old your in better shape.

Right now you won't get the 320 Bos out of training but you should get it in about 6 months. A lot of guys have gotten the 190 Bos right out of training or within a month or so.

So, the answer to you question is no. But what is 6 months and Bos/JFK is about as easy as it gets while you wait. -Bean

Really?? 320 F/O could take that long?? Hell I thought FLL was about that long!

I stand corrected about my previous post then!

Well,

I guess that is a much info I need till the interview is over and see if there is a job offer. BOS and the Bus would be awesome as I live 45 minutes from BOS..

First things first...lets get through the interview....

Just for the record, hired in April, Jan award for BOS on the bus. Could have held FLL first, then LGB then BOS three months later...it seems to fluctuate. 190 would have been quicker trip home for me but I ended up with more time home on R in JFK than as a lineholder with my previous major airline.

Bos

I was in an August class and could have picked either the 320 or 190, they offered 190 BOS in class. I took the 190 because QOL ( I live just south of BOS ) and an airplane is an airplane. So I will sit on the 190 for the next year and a half, and at that point I should be able to hold a line on the 320 BOS. I can't stress it enough do not bid an airplane-bid QOL. In time you will be able to pick what you want and still keep QOL. The money difference is only year 2 currently about $8.00 more per hour on the Bus, but no crash pad in JFK might be a wash. The big pay difference comes in year 3 ( 190/53.00ph - 320/67.00ph ).

Goodluck with the interview and if you have any questions feel free to ask. There are many helpful JB pilots on this board.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back