Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CatfishVT9

Anti-Democrat
Greetings to my Blue bretheren. I had a class date at Jet Blue for the first week of June 2004 and chose to go to Airtran instead for a class that same week. I'm upgrading here In March (could have held 717 two months ago).

I'm just curious as to whether those guys from that class have upgraded and if so, when?

Thanks,
Catfish

Greetings to my Blue bretheren. I had a class date at Jet Blue for the first week of June 2004 and chose to go to Airtran instead for a class that same week. I'm upgrading here In March (could have held 717 two months ago).

I'm just curious as to whether those guys from that class have upgraded and if so, when?

Thanks,
Catfish

Catfish, you can check with maybe bluedude to get more up to date info but this is from airline pilot central.

Monthly guarantee: 70 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours (includes 5 hrs paid at 150%)

Most junior A320 captain hired: Jul 2004 (BOS)
Most junior EMB190 captain hired: Nov 2005 (base unknown)

Per Diem :
$2.00/hr

I was in a May 1992 class at AA...I have never been able to hold Captain anywhere!

Good on you Catfish!

Unit
Frustrated FO

I was hired in Feb 05. Been a 190 ca for 6 months and should be able to jump to the 320 around sep next year. That would be a 3 year 8 month upgrade to the bus.

Thanks,
Catfish

Fish,

Yes, you would be a 320 reserve Cap in JFK now. Probably could have held it about a year ago or less. Bottom 320 cap is about # 850.

DW

Thanks,
Catfish

You would be a Res 320Capt or a Pretty senior 190Capt. March of 04' hires could hold Capt Last Summer/Fall on the 320

I heard a nasty little rumor that based on how things are going right now with the selling of A320s and the current fleet plan, someone hired today at Jetblue will never hold Captain on the A320. Is that true?
Not flame bait....Just a rumor I heard.

I heard a nasty little rumor that based on how things are going right now with the selling of A320s and the current fleet plan, someone hired today at Jetblue will never hold Captain on the A320. Is that true?
Not flame bait....Just a rumor I heard.

That's a common "flame bait" or "taunt" that guys throw around.
They act like its a shock or something.

Their logic is that with only the approx 200 or so A320's on the firm order now that with the 1600 pilots hired so far, those guys/gals will be the A320 Captain's for the future.

uhhh...

Duh?!

Hopefully, IF the company is profitable it will continue to grow with more A320 orders, albeit at a marginally slower and slower percentage of growth.

Latest resources

Back