• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue A320 upgrade - I'm Curious

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info guys. I'm still happy with my decision, but you always wonder about that grass on the other side of the fence..........

Jet blue guys couple of question:

How junior/senior is BOS base?

Is it all 190 flying?

How many lines out of there?

Whats the callout time on reserve?

Thanks

Answers...kinda

Boston. Its both 320 and 190. There are 28 crews (54 pilots) on the 190 side and 35 crews (70 pilot) on the 320 side. In terms of seniority, a 320 FO that has been here around a year would be on the tail end of the list, as for 320 CA I am not sure. On the 190 though, it has turned into a fairly senior 190 ca base on the top end and somewhat junior on the tail end. I have been here just over 2 years and I am one of the last lineholders in BOS on the 190CA side. The bos FO is the same. The top guys are really senior and the tail end guys are fairly junior. The problem with BOS is that there is not a lot of growth there right now in terms of hours per month that the base gets. We are growing slowly but it seems that 28 crews on the 190 is where its going to stay for a little while. Since there is not a lot of growth right now, and there are not a lot of vacancies, its hard to get in unless someone leaves for upgrade or quits. So, once you are in, most don't leave unless they have to. I would assume that the same applies to the 320.

As for the boston base, I think its hands down much better than JFK. The reasons in my opinion are that its still a small base so everyone for the most part knows each other so there is more accountability for what happens. The gate agents and ground crew don't slack at all since they know they will see you again soon and vice versa. The people seem to be much friendlier as well IMO. The flying, while not always commutable on both ends is more productive on the 190 then the jfk base as well. I think most are happy with that since the amount of commuters is much smaller in bos as most live in the area so the productivity of the base is more important then the commutability....I commute so I could go either way on that.

Lines, I don't know what the 320 was (I deleted the bid results) but the 190 is around 20 hard lines with 8 reserve lines for the month.

Call out time on reserve is 2 hours

Your Welcome

lh

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back