Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blingair

I'm your boy Carl
Just a heads up to all those thinking about going over to Jet Airways in India.
Jet Airways has not been paying their expat captains their pay on time or the correct amount and are several months late on paying back owed over time, if they receive it at all. Some captains are wondering if they should even fly over the mins for fear of not getting paid. Why kill yourself flying 120 hours a month if you aren't getting paid for it?
They seem to be having a hard time adapting to the global changes going on and the expats are getting the blunt end of the stick. They let you know very quickly that they can and will do anything they want to you wether you like it or not. And you have no recourse. As an expat you are not allowed in the union and are specifically excluded from pilot meetings.
So just a word of caution for those going or thinking of going over there. Besides India not being the best place to live and Indian carriers not being the best companies to work for (great under statement) theres a good chance that you will not get paid whats in your contract and if you do, it will not be on time.
Also, if you do go, they don't like you to leave and will make it very hard for you to do so, ie not paying your way home, no last paycheck, a lot of B.S. etc.
Just something to thing about.

i thought you were already outa there. i have heard they are messing with pay etc.

You know, I almost didnt start this post because you always get some holier than thou knob whose boyfriend didnt have the common courtesy to give him a reach around last night and instead has to post it on a web site. Sorry to hurt your delicate sensibilities. They are looking for your type over there, PM so I can tell how to apply or better yet give you my phone number so you can insult me like a man. C0k suking pu$y. Go fly your RJ tool.

Wow, you told me. I'm sure your going to have a huge impact on Jet recruitment by running home and typing on FI. Try pulling up your panties. With so many pilots furloughed, nobody is interested in your difficulties.

Last edited:
iam interested in your dificulties. why wouldn't somone want to have all the info they can before making a huge decision like that.

Thanks Worm. Just trying to help others make a good decision. And its not just my difficulties but as mentioned before many other expats are having a tough time getting what is contractually owed to them.
But I did get to use the word knob, risk going to the penalty box and I've been dying to use that Full Metal Jacket quote for some time.
Thank goodness for the spiky haired RJ pilots who act like a spurned ex-girlfriend who stirs the pot.

Bling da bling

aaahh yes Jet Airways, so many have left so few to go...heard from a fella today that they also did not get their OT or full salary last month. Any thinking of going to work for Jet need only become single first ! throw away any expectation of honesty from an employer ! Look up the recent ICAO safety report on them, 2 out of 10 ! ranks with Africa ! then insert a couple of nice sized dookies up their nostrels to get a head start on the environmental aroma !

derka....

Bling--thanks for posting the warning. At AA (and I'm sure any other airline that operates 777's...) there is great interest in expat jobs.

Tons of misinformation out there. Thanks and I hope you get paid and get out!

As for Gas, your attack was unwarranted and inappropriate. Stick to the Regionals forum--or better yet, go to eaglelounge.com. You've got some kindred spirits over there. :rolleyes:

TC

Latest resources

Back